General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

What is this mess

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 01:01 PM
Default What is this mess

I'm starting to detured from my baby girl (1987 CRX) seeing as how i have some body damage and the car runs like a POS, and that was fine i mean im fixing it and learning alot doing it having fun and what not. Well i wanted to turn this car into a badass sleeper untill i find out it is rare as hell to find a engine swap that will work with an 87 all the ones ive seen are for 88+ . Well normally people would be like oh well i got this car im stuck with it. Well then my brother came to me and says dude i found this Civic DX 1992 (i think not sure on year but it is a hatch) and its straight for 500 bux it has no motor (but my brother actually has the same motor he stripped it off another car (that car was a pos) and he said if i want what i can do is get my CRX running and pay him 500$ and he will put the engine in it and give it to me. (things i know about this Civic: The body is straight no damage. Interior is straight no damage. Radio even works. Car has been sitting (so what putting new engine/tranny).) any one have some insite to wether i should keep my baby and try harder to find a good swap or should i go with the car that is like the easyiest in the world to get swaps for?

Old 03-22-2007, 06:29 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: What is this mess

well since its ur brother i doubt hell take you for ur money, but what motor does he plan on givvingt u with the dx?

Old 03-22-2007, 07:19 AM
Default RE: What is this mess

The exact same one it came with the shoc what ever. lol =P he stripped it from a 4 door that back then he didnt know how to fix then later learned how and now has a full working motor with no car, if he doesnt get that DX though he will give me that motor for my CRX and it then will be fuel injected and about 30 horses stronger. 62 - 92. No ferrari but thats not what im here for. Also yesterday they tell me oh yeah the suspenion sucks so bad you COULD flip on corners very easily. So there goes another 500 bux or some crap to replace that. I love working on my car just not the money i spend with it. =P