HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Cvcrcr's project/fix-up thread (version 1.1)

Old 07-16-2009, 08:06 AM
HCF Member

Ya just cut around the outside of the windshield. Most places will install for like $100.

Old 07-16-2009, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by My04Civic
no need for the huffy puffy. welcome to america, the land of the debt.
lol... trying to set a new trend.

Originally Posted by jpnolan
Ya just cut around the outside of the windshield. Most places will install for like $100.
I figure for an extra $75, I'll save myself the hassle of cutting a used windshield out, and let myself rest while a brand new fresh one is installed with a lifetime warranty. hehe

The new fenders obviously don't have any pinstripes, so went ahead and pulled the pinstripes off the car.

Old 07-16-2009, 09:24 AM
HCF Member

That makes sense. Its too bad that you didn't go through with the turbo. BUT it is good to see that people out there are not spending/borrowing the money they don't have and can't pay back.

Old 07-17-2009, 05:58 PM

Well, I went to South Philly to meet this guy who sold me the bumper/fenders to buy a set of folding mirrors. Turns out, his distributor won't have a passenger mirror for 2 weeks, but he did have the driver one with him. I told him to call me in two weeks when the set was available.

Depressed and upset (lol, j/k), I worked up enough energy to go and order my front/rear lip kit, OEM Stanley sidemarkers, and a 20ft spool of 4 gauge wire. Within the next week or so, I will be ordering a new "high flow cat".

Kinda off topic... my bro got a new car. It's a 98 Civic LX sedan (automatic..... I have been trying to get him to learn manual for the past 3 years, and he just continually says "no"). It's about 10,000 times better than his previous junker (94 VW Golf). He has had a sound system just sitting in the garage for the past 2 years. He couldn't put it in the VW as it was a car he was borrowing from our step-dad. So, I went ahead and completely wired up his system/headunit/amp/speakers etc etc today. yay!!!

Last edited by cvcrcr99; 07-17-2009 at 06:08 PM.
Old 07-17-2009, 06:44 PM
HCF Member

pics of the 98 civic?

Old 07-18-2009, 08:35 PM

Hey sfazngiants, I'll throw up some pics of his car and his system I installed tomorrow.

Update!!! Ordered my JDM thin side moldings and only paid $125 shipped for them brand new! All I need are the mirrors, and I can meet up with my buddy's friend to discuss painting and prices.

For some reason, now my driver side mirror won't go up or down when trying to adjust it. It just goes left and right.... oh well, replacements for both mirrors will be coming soon.

Edit - Forgot to add that I should be getting my windshield replaced by the end of this week.

Does anyone think that I should wait on the new windshield until I get my car painted, or just do it now as it wont matter?

Last edited by cvcrcr99; 07-18-2009 at 08:38 PM.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:36 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by cvcrcr99
Hey sfazngiants, I'll throw up some pics of his car and his system I installed tomorrow.

Update!!! Ordered my JDM thin side moldings and only paid $125 shipped for them brand new! All I need are the mirrors, and I can meet up with my buddy's friend to discuss painting and prices.

For some reason, now my driver side mirror won't go up or down when trying to adjust it. It just goes left and right.... oh well, replacements for both mirrors will be coming soon.

Edit - Forgot to add that I should be getting my windshield replaced by the end of this week.

Does anyone think that I should wait on the new windshield until I get my car painted, or just do it now as it wont matter?
wont matter cause its getting tapped off anyways. I would get the windshield installed first too cause who knows they guy installing it could be an idiot and slip or fall or somehting and scratch your new paint job...

Old 07-20-2009, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by croninc
I would get the windshield installed first too cause who knows they guy installing it could be an idiot and slip or fall or somehting and scratch your new paint job...
lol... I was thinking along the same lines croninc, but I was thinking that the guy might f up the windshield while sanding/painting. lol I'll probably have it done on Friday. That's the next day I'll have to myself as my son will be getting picked up by his grandfather for some of the weekend.

*going to take pic of my bro's car now*

Old 07-20-2009, 06:21 AM

As promised....
Name:  DSC01295.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  107.1 KB
Name:  DSC01296.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  108.4 KB
^^lol... just relaized that both of my babies are in this pic along with my bro's car. hehe
Name:  DSC01298.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  72.2 KB

It's a 98 Civic LX. He needs a new hood and driver side fender, but I will help him out with that. The motor is stock (except for some sh!tty intake which he wants to revert back to stock), and dirty...we plan on attacking it with some simple green later on today. Here's the system I installed for him.

Name:  DSC01297.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  88.1 KB
Name:  DSC01299.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  102.6 KB

He will be going to a friend of mine's shop to have the timing belt/water pump/tensioner/valve cover gasket/oil pan & gasket replaced.

Old 07-21-2009, 06:00 PM

Received the 18 feet of 4 gauge wire and my Pioneer 6x9's today! As soon as I got the wire, I went to work snaking it through the car. I ended working for about 6 hours and wired up my entire system! I'll post up some pics tomorrow.

Lip kit should be here on Saturday! Sidemarkers should be here "soon" as the seller states, and the thin side moldings were shipped today! woot woot!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cvcrcr's project/fix-up thread (version 1.1)