HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Hobo's 2000 LX daily driver

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 01:32 PM

The complex is in the nice part of North Little Rock so they don't want it all "blue collar" and ****.

Old 03-08-2010, 01:39 PM

I have the same type of rules around my area. My buddy always has to come over to my house in order to work on the car.

He has worked on his car in his apt complex, however, he will only get in trouble if someone mentions it to the main office. Usually, people give dirty looks and continue with their day. lol They are probably upset that we are fixing ours cars and they have to spend $1,000's of dollars at the shop getting butt-raped for $100/hour labor charges plus 2x cost of parts due to the insane mark up that shops like to rock out with

Old 03-08-2010, 02:48 PM
Recognized HCF Member

the no changing a tire is complete crap. hell WTF you suposed to do if ya got a flat.... drive to the tire shop on a flat? thats just to much BS right there!
ive done plenty to my old truck at the apartment complex that said no work, i was only asked one time by maintance guy what i was going and just told him in fixing a problem and he said he didnt care as long as i dont leave a mess when im done!

Old 03-08-2010, 02:50 PM

Yea when I was looking at apartments in Orlando I pretty much came to the conclusion that if you want to live in an apartment complex where you don't have to worry all night about your car getting stolen, you have to deal with these BS rules.

Old 03-09-2010, 01:52 PM

Scored some decent stuff at the junk yard. Got new foam bumper things for under both bumpers. (both of mine are gone). Got a clutch pedal, clutch MC, clutch fluid reservoir, hard lines and soft lines all the way to the slave cylinder connection. The slave cylinder was trash. MC looks ok but I might replace it too.

I had to pull the dash to get to the pedals so it was a pain in the ***. Cut my hand pretty bad but I want to go back for the other two pedals tomorrow. The manual brake pedal is smaller than the auto one. Accidentally broke the cotter pin on the clutch pedal but its kinda function over form so I'll figure something out.

Also snagged a bare y8 intake manifold. It's bare as hell. No throttle body, no injectors, no fuel rail, nothing. Bare bones. My question now: Will a y7 fuel rail work for a y8 intake mani? Because I still have the complete y7 intake mani. I also have a z6 throttle body. Which would be better?

Old 03-09-2010, 03:46 PM
Recognized HCF Member

we as long as its still a y7 head the injectors will be the same. but the sensors and such i think are different.
but if your going thru the hassle of swapping over then i would replace the MS and SC with new ones. youll never know if the used ones are leaking until you go thru all the hassle putting it in and bleedign the system all out to go! so just spend the 100bucks or what ever and replace em both and KNOW you wont have a leaking mess and no clutch pedal

Old 03-09-2010, 04:22 PM

Here's the bare y8 intake manifold I was able to grab. Got a lot of missing stuff and hoses to nowhere. Still wondering if a z6 throttle body will work with it. It needs a good vatting.

Name:  img048.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  40.7 KB

And here's the clutch pedal attached to the MC and reservoir and hard lines etc. What is the best way to clean such a thing? The fluid I pumped out was black like oil.

Name:  img049.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  32.1 KB

Its just sitting in the sink because I lack anywhere else to put it.

Old 03-09-2010, 04:31 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well dont worry about cleaning the inside of the fluid lines.... when you bleed the fluid it will flush everything out. so at the most just put some water thru the lines to flush any big debri at most.

but if you wanna clean the outside of the parts.... brake cleaner and a rag works wonders!!!!!!!

Old 03-09-2010, 05:45 PM

The fluid reservoir cleaned up nicely but I'm not 100% I have all the parts. Isn't there supposed to be a plastic disc in it or something? And I don't think the lid fits perfectly.

The intake manifold is gonna take awhile. The z6 throttle body fits but who knows if it'll work. The y7 fuel rail just seems different. The z6 TB is from a manual. My spare y7 TB is from an auto.

Old 03-10-2010, 11:16 AM

Bump for an answer on parts of the fluid reservoir...

Also, more junkyard fun.
Name:  DSC02139.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  118.7 KB
Got the other two pedals and a y8 throttle cable if needed. Now all I need is to test the MC, get a SC, and get a transmission. Hydraulics covered.

I still need the flywheel, clutch, pressure plate, flywheel bolts (tried today, ****ers wont move), and the tranny mounts. But the parts are coming together faster for the 5 speed swap.

Also, got the fuel rail and injectors swapped over from the y7 mani onto the y8. Its just for the fitment. I've still gotta get some 450cc injectors for the setup.
Name:  DSC02137.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  112.1 KB

Quick Reply: Hobo's 2000 LX daily driver