HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Reaper's Revived Mustang Project

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 02:59 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Thanks

Anyway, I ended up being lazy this weekend and got next to nothing accomplished. All I did was re-tint the projector headlights and bury them in clear. I'll probably have some pics later tonight (and pics of them on the car tomorrow evening). I'll most likely end up fixing the fenders next weekend and hopefully have a new door in a month or two assuming I can find someone parting out a 99-04 with a good passenger door and side skirts. If the price is right, I might actually pic up a passenger fender, too. The driver's side has a few light dents (where I may or may not have gotten mad and punched it lol), but the passenger side's damage is a little more serious and I'm not 100% sure I can bring it back to "like new" appearance with just a little body filler. Oh, and I'll slowly be changing the flat black paint to gloss black (I'll probably do the blackout panel, tails, and rear lower valence next weekend and the hood the week after that).

Old 11-14-2010, 04:54 PM
Super Cereal Admin

And pics. The headlights didn't come out perfectly, but I plan on re-doing them next spring when I can actually let the lights sit out and let the paint cure properly (it's too cold outside right now and will be until spring and my garage isn't heated), so I plan on getting them perfect then.

Name:  2-14.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  47.4 KB

Name:  3-11.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  39.8 KB
(8000K HIDs)

Name:  4-8.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  34.4 KB
This is what you get with a cheap set of projectors retrofitted with HIDs: a wandering/weak cutoff that will eventually throw glare much like reflectors with HIDs. If this project goes on long enough, I'll eventually do a true retrofit using OEM-style reflectors and BMW HID projector assemblies.

You can see in some of the pictures where the driver's side skirt is coming off up front. That's why I need a new one. It's not going to fall off while I'm driving, but there's no good way to re-attach it since half the clips have torn off.

*edit: just ordered $20 in stickers for teh lulz

Old 11-17-2010, 06:25 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Well, by the end of the week I may have a passenger door, driver side skirt, or both headed my way. Depending on what I buy this week, I may or may not "fix" (is it sad that I have to put quotation marks around the word 'fix'?) the fenders. If I have a door headed my way, I won't be worried about a few small dents in my fenders.

*edit: guy doesn't want to ship the door due to size. I'm waiting for a response about the side skirt. Looks like I'll be "fixing" my fenders this weekend. Also, changing the order of operations again, but I think once the doors, fenders, and skirt are all fixed, I'll probably jump to the suspension section. I don't like the noises my car is making.

*edit #2: Looks like I might be making a four-hour round trip this weekend. Found a door in Louisville for $150 and that's kind of hard to pass up. My next best bet was going with a guy I've bought from that pretty much buys mustangs (mostly Mach 1s and Cobras) to part them out, and his price was $250 shipped.

Old 11-21-2010, 09:20 AM
Super Cereal Admin

Quadruple post ftmfw!!!

Didn't get much accomplished this weekend, but I did make some additions to the car. I'm about to go down to the garage and clean up the interior a little (I haven't treated the leather in a few months) and I'll be installing my OEM Saleen S281 MOMO shift **** again while I'm at it. I'll probably be buying those side skirts next weekend, and hopefully a door sometime soon after that; next weekend I'll probably see what I can do to save the fenders, while I'm at it. I might hold off on that, though, as I'd like to have some OEM touch-up paint and clearcoat so I can avoid the primer look after finishing the body work.

Anyway, here's this week's addition to the car:
Name:  1-15.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  61.9 KB

Name:  2-15.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  54.7 KB
(Transformer in disguise if you didn't catch that)

Name:  3-12.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  39.7 KB

Name:  4-9.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  29.3 KB

And my personal favorite
Name:  5-5.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  38.8 KB

Old 11-21-2010, 09:46 AM

lol, nice decals

Old 11-21-2010, 10:35 AM
Super Cereal Admin

Inorite? I plan on doing the ubercool tyte jdm/euro thing where you have a side of the rear windshield covered in angled stickers. I have to slam my car before I can get half the other stickers I plan on getting, though.

Oh, and the interior is somewhat clean (save for vacuuming, but I'll worry about that some other time) and is a billion times better than what it was this morning. I forgot how much I liked my S281 shift ****, though... it's ergonomically designed and so much more comfortable than the stock ****.

Oh, and props to grafixpressions.com (I think you're the one who posted it on another thread, brad)... ordered my stickers, they said they'd show up in 12-14 days, they showed up in about a week. Will definitely do business with them again. Also, their gold matches my custom "Enjoy your prius" sticker perfectly (props to Tony's friend Nick. I love my prius sticker). I just wish they had a red-orange, as I think their orange will be too orange to match my paint and their red is too dark to match it perfectly. With the contrast of the black spoiler it doesn't look bad, though.

Old 11-22-2010, 10:22 AM

Needs more this:
Name:  DSC00230.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  66.6 KB

Hoverstang!
That's a local build. Pretty nasty looking.

Old 12-06-2010, 08:43 AM
Super Cereal Admin

The 4" cowl is a little much for me. Unless I actually needed that much room, I wouldn't be able to justify buying one.

Anyway, meh. Last week I noticed my passenger-side fog light bulb decided to burn out, so I guess I'll be buying new bulbs (obnoxiously yellow ones just for style points) and the correct harness/switch for the fog lights (as opposed to my ghetto "tapped into the parking lights" harness). While I'm at it I'll probably get new rear ABS sensors and a new steering roll connector (clockspring) to take care of my ABS and Airbag lights, too. Besides, it'd be nice to have traction control again. I'll probably have to wait until after Christmas to order anything, though. After that, I'll probably start looking for a door again.

*edit: Gah, threw a P1151 on my way home today. Looks like I'll be getting new front O2s and a new exhaust soon.

*edit #2: New plan. With tax returns I'll be buying the clockspring, new front O2s, the fog light harness, new bulbs, and (hopefully) be knocking out my entire front suspension/chassis.

*edit #3: I cut about half the project due to costs (putting over triple the cost of a car into said car when said car already has its own value in aftermarket parts installed doesn't seem like a sound plan). Post 1 has been updated with the newly abridged project... it'll give my car the look I want, a lot better handling, and a little more performance. When the project gets completed I'll see how I feel about doing the original engine build plan.

*edit #4: I cut more out of the project, mostly V6-related parts. The total is now less than half of the original projected cost, so it's getting down to a realistic number now. After that's done (most likely sometime next year), I might start seriously considering a 4.6L or even a 5.4L swap.

Old 02-15-2011, 01:24 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Well, new update (sort of)... with my tax refund I'm going to do a few repairs to the car. Basically, here's the run-down:

New tires (245/50-16) all around
New rear ABS sensors (to replace my nonexistent ones)
New steering roll connector (aka "clock spring")
New loaded rear calipers (mine are seized and, because of that, my e-brake barely holds the car on a level surface)
Cross-drilled & slotted brake rotors (front & rear)
New primary (front) O2 sensors
New mid-pipe (H-pipe)
O2 sensor bung plugs (for the holes for the rear O2 sensors)
Fog light harness w/switch
LOF (Lube, Oil, Filter = oil change)
180° thermostat
Coolant drain/fill
Transmission drain/fill

Assuming I have money to spare, I'll be looking for a new door, new fenders, and a new side skirt. After that, I'm thinking suspension.

Old 02-15-2011, 04:06 PM
HCF Member

HONDA CIVIC forum

Quick Reply: Reaper's Revived Mustang Project