HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Reaper's Revived Mustang Project

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by reaper2022
180° thermostat
Nice to see the project back up. I was just wondering when the next update would be

BTW, I can get you a Mishimoto Street Thermostat (82 C) for a pretty decent price if you are interested. Lifetime warranty, too! However, the Tstat is "meant" for V8's, so I am not sure if it will work for you or not.

Originally Posted by Funtington
HONDA CIVIC forum
C'mon man. You think you are the first to bring something like this up? Hopefully, you are not serious. If so, get your flame suit on.

Old 02-15-2011, 05:36 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Originally Posted by cvcrcr99
Nice to see the project back up. I was just wondering when the next update would be

BTW, I can get you a Mishimoto Street Thermostat (82 C) for a pretty decent price if you are interested. Lifetime warranty, too! However, the Tstat is "meant" for V8's, so I am not sure if it will work for you or not.
Yeah, finances have been a little tight lately so the project had to come to a bit of a stop. I doubt it'll be a quick project after this point but hopefully I'll be able to continue at a moderate pace.

And I've seen the Mishimoto t-stats, but I've only seen them for like $50 retail and I don't want to spend that much money on something unless I'm 100% sure it'll fit. I'll do some research and see if the 3.8l/4.6l shares a t-stat and get back to you though.

Originally Posted by Funtington
HONDA CIVIC forum
Forum administrator

Old 02-15-2011, 05:46 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by reaper2022
Yeah, finances have been a little tight lately so the project had to come to a bit of a stop. I doubt it'll be a quick project after this point but hopefully I'll be able to continue at a moderate pace.

And I've seen the Mishimoto t-stats, but I've only seen them for like $50 retail and I don't want to spend that much money on something unless I'm 100% sure it'll fit. I'll do some research and see if the 3.8l/4.6l shares a t-stat and get back to you though.

Forum administrator

may I ask what happened to your civic? where can I see n00dz

Old 02-15-2011, 06:02 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Name:  ej12.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  45.0 KB

Name:  7.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  44.4 KB

Name:  10.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  47.3 KB

I sold it a while ago. Still plan on buying another EG, I just don't have the money for two project cars right now.

Old 02-16-2011, 08:35 AM
Super Cereal Admin

Opinions needed... I know I plan on getting yellow fog light bulbs, but I can't decide if I'm going to do matching headlight bulbs or not. The cutoff on my projectors is starting to wander, so I'm going to ditch the HID projectors and go back to halogen reflectors with a custom headlight relay harness to get a little more voltage to the headlight sockets. I just don't want yellow fog lights and white headlights and I'd rather not get blue-tinted headlight bulbs as it actually reduces light output. I'm thinking yellow headlights bulbs with yellow fog light bulbs would give the car sort of a Le Mans type look, which should go well with the current and planned body mods.

Old 02-16-2011, 09:37 AM

I'd go for the yellow/yellow. I'd hate to be facing you in oncoming traffic but it would look pretty sick.

Old 02-16-2011, 01:54 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Well, it could be worse. I could be throwing 3000K HIDs in my oem headlights and fog lights

Really, there should be no glare compared to the stock setup, the yellow color will probably just be a little more distracting. And I'm hoping it'll look good on the car; it should, considering I have yellow license plate bulbs on the car already and they look pretty good.

Just imagine this coming off a red/orange mustang instead of an old Subaru Legacy

Old 02-17-2011, 01:51 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Gah. Washed the car for the first time in 8 months today to find out my front bumper is barely hanging on (the bumper brackets separated from the bumper cover) and my RH fog lamp bezel is pretty much destroyed. Looks like along with everything else I'll be doing soon I'll be epoxying the brackets back on and buying a new bezel.

Old 02-25-2011, 10:48 PM
Angry Admin

I'm closing this thread due to it being a repost

Old 03-02-2011, 01:51 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Yer a douche Josh

Staff-only project thread ftmfw!!!

Quick Reply: Reaper's Revived Mustang Project