Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

CAI Parts Identification Help - Pics Inside

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 08:19 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: CAI Parts Identification Help - Pics Inside

silicone hoses would be more advantage so they wouldnt dry rot as easy... BUT i hate the shiny color hoses... they just look tacky... but then again thats just my opinion...

if its something special id say... might be alright to show it off BUT if its just your stock stuff... BOO...lol

Old 01-16-2007, 02:09 AM
HCF Member

hey i just got my V2 today and i installed it on my 99 ex...i dont know a whole lot but i figured it out...the instructions are pretty unclear though

Old 01-16-2007, 09:34 AM
Recognized HCF Member

ya my intake didnt come with any instructions..... but its relitivly easy to make it work... i only have one thing i need to redue which was the coolant hose.... i just used a little joint Lbow and clamped the hoses on it.. i just need to get some new hose and just make it one piece. im just to lazy.... and it works

Old 01-16-2007, 09:34 AM
HCF Member

i finally finished my AEM SRI installation and i agree the instructions are pretty bad. i did take my own photos and write-up a little procedure on my blog.

as far as the silicone hoses go, i kind of like the way they look, but the real reason i got them was so that it would be easier to slide on and off. in fact i broke my fia control valve while pulling a hose out, so i wish i had just cut all my flat black hoses and replaced them with silicone. yeah, my engine is nothing special, but i'm really not going to show it off at any shows or anything like that. the only photos i take of my silicone hoses are for the procedures that i write-up.

Old 01-16-2007, 10:11 AM
Recognized HCF Member

preaty good but ya should remove that metal hoses......
youd just need to delete the metal tubing... your only problem might be where you have the tube just stuck in the intake...
on my intake it didnt have 3 hoses so i had to make my own 3rd..
then i used the stock steal tube from the stock air box by just pullen it out with some pliers... then i used a small then hose cap/block off what ever ya want to call it. and i cut the tip off, and then just used it as a seal from the new intake tube hole i drilled and with some oil i man handled it into the hole realy firm

tho with my new intake tube i did a smarter thing and drilled the hole from the bottom side so its hidden now same technic and pieces.
but with your holes already thier ya might have to use a different piece.... maybe just a Lbow joint or a straight joint to go into the tube and then your breather hose onto it....
but i should say at least your silicone hoses match the intake...
just wipe the wires from your sensor and then just use alittle electrical tape to clean up the looks alittle.

and thiers my other quick fix... BUT its best to just get some new hose and just make the two pieces 1 hose now....
i dont know why the F*** those radiator hose go thru the metal tubing with the breather tube!

and did you remove the resonator hosing?

Name:  HIDs033.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  94.3 KB

my new mod i want to do is pull the intake tube and paint it black along with a few other odds and ends parts under the hood that i can paint realy quickly... just the intake,strut bar, AC rad holder.

Old 01-16-2007, 10:48 AM
HCF Member

thanks for the advice and good ideas. i'll have to look into it when i get a chance. nice job with modifying your intake to add the third connection.

yes, i did take out the resonator box. when i tried to fit everything in, the plastic pipe sticking up from the resonator box was hitting against the air filter. thus, the bracket didn't line up correctly. after taking out the resonator box, the SRI fit much better in the engine bay.

i thought about getting rid of that metal pipe that welds the two lines together, but i was worried about two things.
[ol][*]i think coolant goes through the water bypass hose and i didn't drain a gallon like the instructions said to.[*]i wasn't sure if altering the length and shape of the hose would cause any problems.[/ol]

Old 01-16-2007, 11:38 AM
Recognized HCF Member

well i didnt drain anything... it sjust a small hose... if anything ya only loose alitle bit of fluid... just throw some rags under the hoses and it should be fine.