Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Installed my Headers

Old 01-22-2007, 01:54 AM
HCF Member
Default Installed my Headers

Finally! I got the chance to install my DC headers. Let me know what you guys think.

http://a727.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...58eb7db126.jpg
Well this is the pic of the stock header and the DC headers. Haven't got the chance to take new pics of the DC in my car. But u get the picture. lol

Old 01-22-2007, 09:56 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Installed my Headers

Very nice. How long did it take you to install the header?

When I installed mine it took like 4 or 5 hrs because of damn bolts, but eventually got it all perfect and such.

Also, what engine did you put the header on? Yeah, when you get a chance you should def. take a pic of the engine bay.

Old 01-22-2007, 06:02 PM
HCF Member

Thanks man. Yeah it took about 4-5hrs for me as well, just cuz I was on the Clock and also working on other ppls car. So every chance that I get I would go and work on it. lol, so ya. I mean some of the bolts were a pain to take off lol, I broke an exhaust bolt with the spring. So I had to order a new set, but it's all good I got to use the shop tools. lol
Yeah I work at Big O so that really helps a lot.
The headers I put in are for my D16Y8. Yeah SOHC, but I can feel the difference which is awesome. But thanks man. for replyin.

Old 01-22-2007, 06:14 PM
HCF Member

Nice, how much gain does the header give?
I've also wanted to install headers on my y8, but
i've never really understood why headers are needed.
Can someone explain the pros and cons ofinstalling a
header on your car?

Old 01-22-2007, 08:55 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: importlegends

Thanks man. Yeah it took about 4-5hrs for me as well, just cuz I was on the Clock and also working on other ppls car. So every chance that I get I would go and work on it. lol, so ya. I mean some of the bolts were a pain to take off lol, I broke an exhaust bolt with the spring. So I had to order a new set, but it's all good I got to use the shop tools. lol
Yeah I work at Big O so that really helps a lot.
The headers I put in are for my D16Y8. Yeah SOHC, but I can feel the difference which is awesome. But thanks man. for replyin.
Yeah, I broke one of the springs when I did mine aswell lol. I got one from an exhaust shop when I had my exhaust done. Yeah, I feel that putting my header on aswell made a difference for sure.

Old 01-22-2007, 10:51 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Caine714

Nice, how much gain does the header give?
I've also wanted to install headers on my y8, but
i've never really understood why headers are needed.
Can someone explain the pros and cons ofinstalling a
header on your car?
no real cons if you get high quality ones that are just as reliable as stock. They help to free up the exhaust a little bit. They are essentiall the first part of your exhaustsystem, the stock ones are referred to as exhaust manifolds. They air comes out of your engine, goes through the header, to the catalytic converter, then out the rest of the exhaust. I replace mine because my stock one was broken, and noticed a little bit of torque gain, but don't expect anything drastic. You really wont get any gain at all unless you have aftermarket exhaust so...if you do, might be worth checking out. They are frequently cheaper than oem so not too hard on the bank either. PM if you have any other questions cuz i researched pretty intensively when i was shopping for mine. I get on every day so, i should respond within a day stime if you have any questions.

P.S. on a V engine, you have headers (one off each side) on an inline four (most of them) you have A header.

Old 01-23-2007, 01:05 AM
HCF Member

Yeah it helps with the headers, plus I did the full catback exhaust.

Old 01-23-2007, 09:47 AM
HCF Member

Just better exhaust flow Cain. Just like a catback exhaust, better flow = more power, and if you have a real nice catback exhaust without a header, the ehxuast is still just as resticted since it goes through the header first. Mine changed the sound of my exhaust a little bit too, and they look real nice in the engine bay can't really think of any cons either

and yea, on a Civic, its HEADER, not HEADERS

Old 01-23-2007, 01:54 PM
HCF Member

you guys have been great in assisting me on this thread. =)

I always thought there were cons to adding a header to your civic.
Bunch of ppl used to tell me it will mess up your engine and all that stuff...
but now, i guess i will look for some n install them when i can.

Thank you, all of you.

Old 01-23-2007, 03:53 PM
HCF Member

Nice! U should let us know when ur going to get them and installing them. Oh here's a tip try not to break an Exhaust bolt. lol yeah, I know I did. lol