Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

loose intake

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 09:45 PM
HCF Member
Default loose intake

i noticed today that my aem sri on my 04 civic lx was a lil loose. I can move it freely but restricted a lil. It is not loose as in gona fall off or unsafe, but when my engine is on or i rev my engine, i can see my intake shake/vibrate or w.e

the intake is designed with 2 pipes and the 2nd one needs to be mounted on this fork looking thing. On here i tighted the bolt with 2 thick washer things to get it as tight as possible, the bolt is tightened to the max but if i push the intake down, it moves down a lil

sorry for my crappy explainin but i dont know how else to describe it, i wish i had a digital camera ><

my main question is: does having the intake shake a lil or be a LIL loose effect it in any way? how can i fix it if i have to fix it

im getting a cat back exhaust this week and i want to make sure my intake doesnt cause any troubles :/

Old 10-30-2007, 05:43 AM
Administrator
Default RE: loose intake

maybe add another washer? what kinda intake is it? im going to guess that its an ebay jobber, bc ive never heard of this before

Old 10-30-2007, 10:33 AM
HCF Member

I dont think i can fit another washer..i dont know what im going to do but if it doesnt matter then i can feel safe to leave it alone

and i got an aem sri with dryflow filter. The design is just different then most others, it has 2 pipes instead of 1

at first when i recieved it i thot it was a cold air for a split second lol

Old 10-30-2007, 10:52 AM

My single tube AEM V2 shakes a little, not because it is loose or anything but just normal engine vibration. As long as you have everything tight and your rubber hoses are all tightened down and sealed you should be fine I would think. I am installing a engine torque dampener on my 05 to try and take some of that shake and torque out of the engine. I don't know if it may help your situation or not but I can let you know if it does anything in mine once I get it.

Old 10-30-2007, 11:18 AM
Administrator

my v2 doesnt shake at all bro. get some pics up, good, detailed, descriptive pics

Old 11-06-2007, 12:40 AM

i have an '04 civic lx sedan and i installed a K&N sri. the tubing is only 1 piece and it hasa small brackect attached to it to connect to one of the exsisting holders for the factory air intake resonator for stabilty. the intake moves alittle, but thats normal due to the extra torue. if yours is shaking violently, i would see if you can get some kind of (L)bracket that attaches to the clamp on the filter to some nearby exsisting hole and tighten it with a bolt, washer and nut. here's what the K&N looks like.
http://www.kandn.com/instructions/69-1008.pdf