Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

New Member! I've Got A Few Header/Intake Questions!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 03:59 PM
Default New Member! I've Got A Few Header/Intake Questions!!!

My car is a 94 EX. It has a "no name" brand Short Ram Intake on it now. It does the job just fine. But I was thinking of going with a AEM CAI. Should I just go with a Short Ram, or is a CAI worth the money?

I wanna do Header/Exhaust too. I was thinking of a DC Header. What's the difference/benefits between 4-1, 4-2-1, 1 & 2 Piece? And what about the oxygen sensor? I'm sure you can order them with or without, just making sure.

Thanks!

Jason X

Old 05-08-2006, 05:05 PM
Default RE: New Member! I've Got A Few Header/Intake Questions!!!

CAI will get u a couple more horses maybe and cost u anywhere between $100-200 on ebay. DC header is good. 4-1 is better at high rpm and is more for racing so if'll u'll be racing a whole lot then u might wana go with that, 4-2-1 is better at lower-mid range rpms and is good for street use and also racing but just not as great. they really dont differ much but if ur a hardcore racer then 4-1. 1 and 2 piece dont matter power wise, 2 piece might be just a smug easier to install but i had absolutly no problem getting my 1 piece in there. if u can, try to use ur old sensor but it might be tricky getting it off since ur car is older, but u could always buy a new one but they r pricy.

Old 05-08-2006, 06:26 PM

performance wise, there wont be much difference at all between the no name brand and aem. the big differences are quality and fitment..so if the no name brand is working for you, keep it by all means. if you DO want to upgrade, go w/ the aem cai, it will run you 200+ i believe. civicexracer pretty much covered the header so there ya go. id suggest picking up an exhaust though, that way you will have the i/h/e and your engine will flow much better!! you will only get maybe 10-15 hp tops though. last dyno i saw they bumped up about 9 overall.

Old 05-08-2006, 08:00 PM

if u can, save up enough money for all 3. that way when u install all if it at the same time, u'll notice a pretty good difference. if u cant, it dosnt really matter but thats wut i wish i woulda done.

Old 05-09-2006, 11:46 AM

Thanks for the info guys! [sm=icon_cheers.gif] I ordered a Megan Racing Stainless 4-2-1 2 Piece Header off of ebay for $128. Now i just have to figure out what cat-back to go with. I want a mellow sound, nothing too obnoxious.

Any recommendations on a mellow sounding cat-back?

My brother said the Greddy EVO Cat Back is pretty popular, any feedback on that?

thanks!