Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Oxygen Sensor problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 04:44 PM
Myk
Default Oxygen Sensor problem

Story goes, my g/f has an 03 Civic hatchback with her engine ligh on...for a year...don't ask, I don't know...I just found out.

Anyway. She said she had it checked at Autozone "about a year ago" (dot dot dot) and "they said it was the o2 sensor".

I've read about 30 article on your forums about any and all o2 sensor issues trying to scrape up anything I can find on the subject. It was mentioned that you could reseat the plug and it might clear it. (or you might have to manually clear it after reseating and it would "fix" the problem. Just a bad connection. I wanted to try that before I had it re-checked at Autozone for the full and complete code, but...I'm having an issue getting both plugs -off- the stupid socket.

So, does anyone know a really exact way to explain which part you press to release...or maybe some decent shots of the plug, that may help me figure out where to press. I have one press-in part good, I just can't find the other place to press to release the "rear" sensor. I'm totally lost on the "front" sensor...I can't make any of it move to release.

Thanks for -any- help you can offer. I feel pretty stupid asking, but I'm afraid to force it and break it, when it may not actually be broken yet.

Old 09-18-2007, 06:55 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Oxygen Sensor problem

Myk...PICTURES!!!!

they help...trust me. host the image somewhere (facebook, myspace, HCF) and then right click it, select "copy image location" and then do this:

[img](paste image location here)[/img]

It should then embed in your post like this:

Old 09-18-2007, 10:11 PM

try and re connect it, unplug the neg side of the battery, and let it sit for a minute, reconnet everything. if it still comes on after that, get a spark plud non-fouler and make a "bung", or 02 sensor stimulator. worked for me, works really for anything. it will put a space between the 02 sensor and the exhaust. either way you will need to dissconnect the battery and then reconnect it.

Old 09-19-2007, 05:07 AM
Myk

re: that guy - I'll try and get a shot from underneath in a couple days. I have to drive it about 30 minles to get into my garage to prop it up and such.

re: warner_ro - Yeah, that's what I'd -like- to do, but as I said, I can't disconnect either sensor at the plug/socket area. The little plastic "push here and pull this" part won't move, or I'm pushing wrong.