Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

instaled my HIDs.. LOVE EM so far!

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 06:21 PM
Default RE: instaled my HIDs.. LOVE EM so far!

ORIGINAL: addiction2bass

well one bet id say... is cops looken at ya! most hids are 6Ks so they dont look that different and most cops wouldnt tell probably.... but with the bright blue or purple color cops will be looken HARD at ya...
f**k the police, f**k f**k f**k the police, f**k the police, f**k f**k f**k the police, just f**k em!
Love, Jay and Silent Bob

Old 11-28-2006, 06:44 PM
Recognized HCF Member

LMFAO...... TRUE BUT........ they can ticket ya.... and most the times its best to BE NICE!!!!!! and the cop could be nice to you!

ive gotten outta COUNTLESS TICKETS for just being nice to the cops........... tho thiers always the jerk cop that is on a power trip or wife or GF isnt given it up and nothing in the world could save ya.LMFAO
ive also ran into those jerks

Old 11-28-2006, 08:13 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ORIGINAL: t34me

ORIGINAL: addiction2bass

well one bet id say... is cops looken at ya! most hids are 6Ks so they dont look that different and most cops wouldnt tell probably.... but with the bright blue or purple color cops will be looken HARD at ya...
f**k the police, f**k f**k f**k the police, f**k the police, f**k f**k f**k the police, just f**k em!
Love, Jay and Silent Bob

totaly 100% agree

Old 12-03-2006, 03:05 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: TheMoogly

ORIGINAL: riceburner700

nice they look killer. im going to go get the 8000k which are insane
Uhh bad idea... you will love them at first but I promise you that in a month you will hate them.... I had 8k hids and then i had to go to 6k and I am happy about it everyday!
why would you hate them after a month?

Old 12-03-2006, 03:09 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: n8te81

so with the HID's and the projectors would that just focus the beam and maybe make them go further or would it just narrow the beam and make it less output width wise???? i wanted to get both projectors and HID's but i wasnt sure about getting both because of this question.
i have an after market projectors and i just installed a 8000k HIDs , go look for my thread in appearance, im too lazy to go look and post it
lol

Old 12-03-2006, 03:25 AM

The reason hid flashes bright and then goes dim and slowly gets brighter is the initial arc in the globe takes a large burst of energy (like a lightening strike) thus why it's a flash of brightness. Once the arc is created the heat and electricty from the arc heat up the gasses in the globe which slowly changes the output and brightness of the bulb thus why it slowly gets to full brightness. While it sucks for things like instant on applications (high beams/flash to pass) the way it's designed allows the longer bulb life as well as higher output with less amps (after start up...) drawn, this means less power from your car (again after start up) that's being drawn.......
When you shut hid's off they're like led's, instant off. A new hid bulb will glow for a few mins (least the pnp units I have did), I think this is due to the glass and the uv coating not being used to the heat of the bulb but after time (maybe a few days) goes by it goes away and honestly it's only noticeable if you shut off the lights and then go look at your headlights.

My personal fav for pnp kit color is 5000K, it's pure white and doesn't suffer the annoying 100+hour run time like 4300K (oe) to color shift and go from a yellow-white to a pure white... But if I was to choose 6000k to 8000k I'd choose 6000k. The higher K you go the less output the bulb gives off as well as well as the likelyhood of a cop wanting to pull you over goes up....

Old 12-03-2006, 09:26 PM
HCF Member

they are not as bring as i think. i saw some brighter in a Chevy once.!
nice lights thow!

Old 12-04-2006, 09:16 AM
Recognized HCF Member

thats cause my headlight covers
they block alot more light then yad think!

Name:  HIDs036.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  68.7 KB

doesnt look like they would block that much light BUT they do!

guess ill have to pull em off and take some more pictures.....
but compared to the regular headlights without the covers they kick @ss!

Old 12-04-2006, 05:58 PM

least those aren't solid smoked units, my buddy had a 90 civic with all black ones and his high beams looked like his lows with much light was being blocked....