The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

American Muscle

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 11:20 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: American Mustle

anyone want to buy my 81' buick regal???
$3500 OBO[/b]
Name:  tmpphp2XPxne.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  44.3 KB

Chassis was undercoated when it was purchased in '81 and has virtually no rust. Interior was kept very nice and clean, was stored in a garage for several years before I bought it. Car has 86,958 original miles. Engine has around 35,000 miles total(not since last rebuild). Located in Defiance, Ohio.

BRAND NEW- optima red top battery, 3 core radiator, master cylinder, front calipers and pads, oil pump, gaskets, bearings, cam
Pontiac 355 (bored .030 over) with ARP head bolts and rod studs
Summit HEI distributer, .442 intake, .460 exhaust cam, summit push rods and lifters, crank was machined about two weeks ago and the proper bearings fitted.
Brand new Edelbrock 600cfm carburetor.
Turbo 350 Transmission with a B&M shift kit. 6” cowl induction hood. Electric fan
HURST shifter (v-matic)
Gauges- oil psi, volts, temp, and tach
Auburn POSI with 373 gears
Tires have about 60% tread left
Rear Air shocks, new front shocks
True dual exhaust 2.5" with 28" glass-packs on each side
20% Tint on the windows
Extra front bumper, winter tires and rims, and more spare parts.
OVER $6500 INVESTED[/ul]
Take a small block 350(out of a old truck with 4 bolt mains) which you can pick up for damn near nothing, have the machine work done on the block which will run you $75 to $150 depending on what all is done. Get a set of 2.02 heads, a weiand high rise dual plane intake, 11 to 1 pistons, forged rods, and a 3.75 inch stroke crank. Add a nice lunati cam and your looking at the same power for around $2000 to $2500 then it gets fun because it will love a nice 175 to 200shot. Put that in a mid 80's Regal/Olds along with a 400 turbo transmission, a good stall converter depending on which cam you go with, a 12 bolt rear end with 4.10 gears and you will be yanking your front wheels and running 10's
very impressive marty, im glad to see that im not the only one thats intersted in v8's

Old 10-22-2007, 06:15 AM
Recognized HCF Member

best thing about V8s is the powers thier! thiers no turbos needed and its cheap reliable power that will be thier every time!
i cannt tell you how many tires i went thru on my 66impala.... tire shop stoped warenting thier tires cause of my roasting them all the time.LOL
a nice old school is GREAT to have and ALWAYS turns heads..... but unless you find a car that AT LEAST HAS A GOOD EXTERIOR and underbody it can be a nickle and dimer and lots of work.... BUT its got a frame and those can easily be repaired and body is just sheet metal, not like unibody cars where if the floor is rusted your screwed....
here is our new project old school... 2nd owner, grandpa bought it used with only like 12K miles on it used it as a farm truck and been sitting for along time now!!!!! at least parked 20-30years.... thing is a beast.LOL
Name:  56fordBEFORE-02.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  68.7 KB

56ford
main thing i wanna do is DEFINATLY LOWER THIS SUCKER down low........ but not to many trucks COME WITH FACTORY 20s... hahahahhaha thats my dads 2000 suburban behind it. i havent had time to get a civic comparision shot.LOL
we will start working on it next spring, right now we just filled the carb, cylinders full of tranny fluid to try to unstick the motor. hopefully the motor will free up and be ok! WE HOPE!!!!!!! but look at all this space under the hood again....LMFAO
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...dBEFORE-16.jpg

if the motor is seized....... can we say BIG BLOCK......

Old 10-22-2007, 06:50 AM

That truck is awesome. Get some of those 24.5 inch alcoas and have them shaved to 24s and run some low pros on it Nice fire engine red with an oak bed and as close to terra firma as she'll go. Perfect car transport[8D]

Old 10-22-2007, 08:51 AM

youshould get a dodge lil red wagon...... 440 magnum STOCK....... with stacks!!!

or get a G-body general motors. you can switch parts between ALL g-body platforms, from the el camino to the regal. thats why i have an el camino

Old 10-22-2007, 10:07 AM
Recognized HCF Member

ya i have thought about turning it into a flatbed car hauler.... tho i have no clue how much all the hydrolics would cost to slide the bed back and angled down enough to pickup a car...

just so many options and so much truck...LOL the trucks got a 2speed rear end which would be great for any towing. but the motor burned out in it so now its just screwed down into high gear my dad said. i dont want to loose the heavy duty rear end but i would like to tuck the tires ya know....
to many options. and only one choice....

Old 10-22-2007, 03:03 PM
HCF Member

If you wanna go sleeper and don't mind an engine swap, i have a soft spot in my heart for B-Body Chevies from the 80's and prior. I use to have a Caprice classic which can house a 454 with no modifications. And is common among grannies and cab drivers, but so was the Nova and those can be a very wicked street vehicle.

Old 10-22-2007, 05:39 PM
HCF Member

man i like your regal Littlehag.. very nice and seems liek one hell of a deal.. deffinitly worth it if thats all true

and addiction haha you could do soo much with that old baby.. big block for sure tho.. go chev tho at least fix up SOME of that fords bad name

and 84elcamino post some pics up of your car dude i'd love to see them

Old 10-22-2007, 06:34 PM
HCF Member

BUICK GRAND NATIONAL!

Old 10-22-2007, 09:36 PM
HCF Member

hey thanks man, it was my high school toy pretty much. when i graduated i bought my civic cause of gas prices. the 8mpg just wasn't cutting it when i was commuting 80miles both ways. yeah everything is true about the car, i was originally asking 4,200 but i really need the money.
I thought aboutturningit into a dragcar but with the interrior being so nice i just couldn't bring myself to do it, that andthrowing money into my civic instead. there are a few flaws in the paint and a few in the interrior, but the chassis is in great condition.