The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Hit a dog today

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 01:54 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Hit a dog today

Harsh indeed, if it was still moving I would have gone back and if it was all messed up maybe even stomped it out or run over it again. (or if you had a pipe you could use that). No joke, Iv seen a dog get its neck run over and it was the worst thing iv ever seen in my life, it was still moaning so the guy put it out.

Old 07-20-2007, 06:51 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Spark

Believe me guys, if it were to happen again I'd stop. I was just shocked and didn't know what to do. Sounds stupid I know, but I can't explain it more then that. I went back later and it was gone. I'm hoping it was just stunned and was able to walk away. I'm 19 and I've had my dog for 11 years now, and would hate to see that happen to mine.
So, wouldn't you hope someone would stop to help YOUR dog? Or at the very least, call 911 and have animal control pick up the injured dog? You have somehow managed to tick me off this morning [sm=icon_flaming.gif]

You went back and the dog was gone? That is because a decent human being SAW what you did and stopped to help.

Old 07-20-2007, 08:29 AM

Sorry guys, I actually would have done the same thing, well maybe not completely. It's not a good idea to hit a dog, stop your car, and then walk up to it to see if it's ok. The dog is going to be scared, hurt, and will probably bite if you get too close. If you don't know the dog, you don't touch the dog!

I will always and forever go CF lip on the front bumper of my car vs ABS plastic. That plastic breaks with little to no effort, I had my lip for over a year and a half, hit a deer with it, scraped it a bajillion times, and had it dive headfirst into huge water puddles during heavy rain. Didn't break until the accident, but no lip was going to survive that one anyway.

CF up front rocks.

Old 07-21-2007, 10:18 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: SovXietday

Sorry guys, I actually would have done the same thing, well maybe not completely. It's not a good idea to hit a dog, stop your car, and then walk up to it to see if it's ok. The dog is going to be scared, hurt, and will probably bite if you get too close. If you don't know the dog, you don't touch the dog!

I will always and forever go CF lip on the front bumper of my car vs ABS plastic. That plastic breaks with little to no effort, I had my lip for over a year and a half, hit a deer with it, scraped it a bajillion times, and had it dive headfirst into huge water puddles during heavy rain. Didn't break until the accident, but no lip was going to survive that one anyway.

CF up front rocks.
Lmao,.

It's a shame your going to shange your sig when the new car is done, cause that sig looks so wicked.

Old 08-06-2007, 05:52 PM

well problem with stopping is two things, first is the dog, likeSovXeiday said, the dog could be scared and panic and do something you know you would regret, or IMO worse off the owner comes out all pissed off trying to kill you or something. But no the dog shouldn't of been loose and running around like that, expecially in a rural area. Where I am in NY there is a leash law that states no dog is to be unaccompanied, and with a leash on them or something like that. But noone listens and they run freely, and not all of them are nice dogs. And just so you know, the next time you try thinking of a dog as a person, if you as a parant get in trouble, and have to get rid of the dog, or you wont get your kids back, will you be thinking the dog is more important than?

Old 08-06-2007, 05:56 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: BlackedOutCiViC

well problem with stopping is two things, first is the dog, likeSovXeiday said, the dog could be scared and panic and do something you know you would regret, or IMO worse off the owner comes out all pissed off trying to kill you or something. But no the dog shouldn't of been loose and running around like that, expecially in a rural area. Where I am in NY there is a leash law that states no dog is to be unaccompanied, and with a leash on them or something like that. But noone listens and they run freely, and not all of them are nice dogs. And just so you know, the next time you try thinking of a dog as a person, if you as a parant get in trouble, and have to get rid of the dog, or you wont get your kids back, will you be thinking the dog is more important than?
did you give birth to the dog? i didn't think so.

Old 08-06-2007, 07:14 PM
HCF Member

dog murderer... lol.

Old 08-07-2007, 01:15 PM

ORIGINAL: ej6buddy

So, are you saying you did? The point was no matter what, a animal will not be treated any higher than that. You can't think of a dog as a Human because it is NOT. Weather you really like your pet or not, you are responsible to what happens to them. That person freely let there dog run around and it got hit. If the person really cared, it would of atleast been watching, and then Spark woulda had cops at his house (since I am pretty sure his car is ez to remember). But still they wont do anything about it. Your comment about it being a kid was just immature. That person would go directly to jail for a long time.

Old 08-07-2007, 01:39 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: ej6buddy

So, are you saying you did? The point was no matter what, a animal will not be treated any higher than that. You can't think of a dog as a Human because it is NOT. Weather you really like your pet or not, you are responsible to what happens to them. That person freely let there dog run around and it got hit. If the person really cared, it would of atleast been watching, and then Spark woulda had cops at his house (since I am pretty sure his car is ez to remember). But still they wont do anything about it. Your comment about it being a kid was just immature. That person would go directly to jail for a long time.
calm down, you don't have be a dickhole about it. and that last comment was a joke, which i'm guessing didn't strike your fancy. so get your thong out of a bunch and open your eyes to see that this is a forum, not real life (which you're portraying it to be). and my previous statement that refferred dogs to humans was to show immature dumbasses such as yourself a new perspective on life, which you apparently are too hardheaded to understand. what i said was all truth, not opinion, it's just a different way of thinking. not everyone has to agree with you, that's just the way life is, so get over it.