The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

I'm 5'9 and weigh around 170

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 08:37 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: I'm 5'9 and weigh around 170

ORIGINAL: Kommando

In TN, it may be legal to stand your ground without making any attempt at retreat. In places like TX and AZ, it sometimes is. Here in IL, just HAVING a loaded shotgun or rifle outside of your house, while within city limits, could get you jailed. Outside of police and the like, only criminals can have handguns here, even in the privacy of your own home. ANY violence or threat of violence, without making an attempt to retreat, could get you jailed here. IL is a great place to be a criminal douche-bag bully. It is AWESOME that states like AZ and TX are now allowing law-abiding citizens to arm themselves and stand their ground against criminals.

I'm leaving for TX this afternoon.
In TN Fred Thomson keeps guns in our hands

Old 11-29-2007, 09:13 AM

Thats great and all but it scares me to know that some idiot with no common sense could also be packing heat and not give too ****s about the responsibility that a CCW carries with it. I am all for self defense and the reasons a CCW is allowed. But that jackass could have also had a CCW and what if it was his pistol he pulled instead of a tire iron? He could say you were coming at him and he was just defending himself. Even if you lived through it its stillyour word against his if there was noone there to witness it. Walking away is never the wrong answer. Just because you have muscle doesn't mean you have to flex it.

Pride and something to prove will get you in toubleeverytime.

Old 11-29-2007, 09:20 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Nerosync

Thats great and all but it scares me to know that some idiot with no common sense could also be packing heat and not give too ****s about the responsibility that a CCW carries with it. I am all for self defense and the reasons a CCW is allowed. But that jackass could have also had a CCW and what if it was his pistol he pulled instead of a tire iron? He could say you were coming at him and he was just defending himself. Even if you lived through it its stillhis word against his if there was noone there to witness it. Walking away is never the wrong answer. Just because you have muscle doesn't mean you have to flex it.

Areyou saying I am a idiot? Look man I dont run from anyone if I would not have had the gun and he would have started walking at me even with the tire iron i would have stood my ground. If you dont stand your ground people will try to walk right over you. I defend my self. I was raised that way and I will die still up holding that sense of self pride.

Old 11-29-2007, 09:47 AM

Nope not calling you an idiot at all. I was also raised that way, but I was also raised with a brain and enough common sense to think my way through a situation. I guess 9yrs in the Army and 5yrs of MMA training have taught me alittle more than just your average joe about jumping into something headstrong without thinking it through regardless of the reasons behind it. You fight with your brain, not your mouth, not your muscles, and especially not a weapon.

Some of the baddest *** guys that I know which include Navy Seals and MMA champions you would never guess are anything exceptin shapeguys with great families. They have nothing to prove and no need to puff themselves up and none of them brag about how many kills they have or who's *** they just beat. Actions speak louder than words ever will.

For intance you should have taken that **** You as a compliment, obviously you spark jealousy in the guy and that means he envy's you. You have something he no longer can have and wants, so you know you are already in his head and it bothers him. Use that and walk away laughing, maybe make a remark about how good it is and how you know he wishes he could still have it. Let him come to you and then stand up for yourself. Its all mental at that point, if you can get him so pissed he's not thinking straight then you have already won the fight, the rest is just fun.

Old 11-29-2007, 10:02 AM
HCF Member

Thats great and all but it scares me to know that some idiot with no common sense could also be packing heat and not give too ****s about the responsibility that a CCW carries with it. I am all for self defense and the reasons a CCW is allowed. But that jackass could have also had a CCW and what if it was his pistol he pulled instead of a tire iron? He could say you were coming at him and he was just defending himself. Even if you lived through it its stillyour word against his if there was noone there to witness it. Walking away is never the wrong answer. Just because you have muscle doesn't mean you have to flex it.

It scares ME to know that idiots with no common sense ARE packing heat, regardless of what the laws around here say. I can even live with some of those people though. The ones that REALLY give me the ******* are the people who are packing heat (legally OR illegally) AND physically instigating trouble.

A guy that acts like this freak is possibly going to have a gun even if it ISN'T legal to have one. (Handguns are illegal here, yet many non-LEOs are walking around with them.) He was already brandishing a potentially-deadly weapon without even verbal provocation from Marty. Take away Marty's right to legally have a firearm and the person ILLEGALLY ACTING has an unfair advantage over a person who isn't pro-actively trying/threatening to harm somebody. If the guy had pulled a firearm, I would have shot him the moment he tried to point it in a dangerous direction. From the way I understood it, Marty has peacefully passed by and already by his own car, and the guy had moved away from his own car to follow and approach Marty's. A prosecutor would have a difficult time trying to prove that the guy wasn't provoking Marty's use of deadly force.

As for "walking away is never the wrong answer", I disagree. What if the LEOs just walked away? What if military warriors just walked away? Why should law-abiding citizens be forced to walk away? This only creates a society where the criminal has advantage. Should you walk away or wait for LEO arrival if somebody is trying to abduct/batter your child? Nobody is saying that one has to even be polite/civil to others...But if you're acting illegally towards another citizen or property that isn't yours, they should be legally allowed to hand you your a$$, using the minimum amount of available and necessary force to guarantee their own safety, without any attempt on their part at retreat.

My mom and I are both very headstrong and a bit cocky. We butt heads on many issues and many occasions. When I go down to visit her on her rural spread in TX, we both carry firearms. Even with the worst disagreements we've had though, neither of us has ever tried to draw down on the other. THAT is part of acting like a responsible citizen. Even people who don't have weapons can be a deadly threat.

Old 11-29-2007, 10:21 AM

A guy that acts like that is possibly going to have a gun even if it ISN'T legal to have one. (Handguns are illegal here, yet many non-LEOs are walking around with them.) He was already brandishing a potentially-deadly weapon without even verbal provocation from Marty. Take away Marty's right to legally have a firearm and the person ILLEGALLY ACTING has an unfair advantage over a person who isn't pro-actively trying/threatening to harm somebody. If the guy had pulled a firearm, I would have shot him the moment he tried to point it in a dangerous direction. From the way I understood it, Marty has peacefully passed by and already by his own car, and the guy had moved away from his own car to follow and approach Marty's. A prosecutor would have a difficult time trying to prove that the guy wasn't provoking Marty's use of deadly force.

As for "walking away is never the wrong answer", I disagree. What if the LEOs just walked away? What if military warriors just walked away? Why should law-abiding citizens be forced to walk away? This only creates a society where the criminal has advantage. Should you walk away or wait for LEO arrival if somebody is trying to abduct/batter your child? Nobody is saying that one has to even be polite/civil to others...But if you're acting illegally towards another citizen or property that isn't yours, they should be legally allowed to hand you your a$$, using the minimum amount of available and necessary force to guarantee their own safety, without any attempt on their part at retreat.
We have a different take on the situation, from what I read Marty was walking out to his car. Jerky hollared **** you once a Marty kept walking.then he said it again, Marty looked and he flipped him off. Marty then began to walk at his car which is when Jerky jumped out. Marty continued to walk at him and then Jerky grabbed the tire iron. In this case Jerky might have provoked Marty by telling him to **** off but come on people its just a couple words. I get told to **** off daily. The guy then was obviously intimidated and grabbed the tire iron. Marty is now the agressor as Jerky has not made one move towards Marty yet.

And to say what if everyone walks away incuding military guys and someone abducting or beating your child is just stupid and bringing things into a conversation which have no relavance here. Obviously other situations dictate different courses of actions. My point here is this all started by someone telling another someone to **** off. As a result a gun got pulled over a two word phrase. No offense to any of you but that is what I would expect to hear or see from a couple uneducated crackheads in the hood. Not anyone with some self respect and self worth.

Old 11-29-2007, 10:39 AM
HCF Member

He flipped me off all I said during the whole thing was "hey man check this out" and "where ya going"

Old 11-29-2007, 11:11 AM
HCF Member

And to say what if everyone walks away incuding military guys and someone abducting or beating your child is just stupid and bringing things into a conversation which have no relavance here. Obviously other situations dictate different courses of actions.
How is it stupid?

FACTS:

- You stated "Walking away is NEVER the wrong answer.".
- The above statement of yours is a blanket generalizing statement.
- I provided several examples where I felt it WOULD be stupid, illegal, immoral, or wrong to walk away.
- There may be yet other examples that I didn't mention.
- Relevance can be a matter of opinion.

Old 11-29-2007, 11:42 AM

And to say what if everyone walks away incuding military guys and someone abducting or beating your child is just stupid and bringing things into a conversation which have no relavance here. Obviously other situations dictate different courses of actions.
How is it stupid?

FACTS:

- You stated "Walking away is NEVER the wrong answer.".
- The above statement of yours is a blanket generalizing statement.
- I provided several examples where I felt it WOULD be stupid, illegal, immoral, or wrong to walk away.
- There may be yet other examples that I didn't mention.
- Relevance can be a matter of opinion.

You sound like my ex. bringing up off topic crap into a conversation that has nothing to do with military issues, child beatings, child abductions or the like. We both agree there are other situations where walking away is not the answer, my generalized statement however does apply to what we are talking about and what this thread topic is. If you want to debate on grounds of other things start a different thread. Otherwise stay on target with what is being discussed and leave the other crap out of it.

Anyways I only stated my opinions and background experience in order to try and help keep you guys out of trouble in the future because I have a lot of friends in law and have had my times in bars where a lot of crazy **** has gone down. Take from it what you will. If you want to run off half cocked and acting childish then so be it, butmost people out grow that sooner or later. I will probably read about you someday either in jail or dead over something stupid like this and the way they will have convicted you is because you bragged about it on an online forum for the world to read. lmao Tell OJ and Lohan I said hi.

Old 11-29-2007, 11:54 AM
HCF Member

Bragging? What I posted was a story that gave information on a question I was asking.

Quick Reply: I'm 5'9 and weigh around 170