The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

potential accident today, but whos at fault?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 11:21 PM
HCF Member
Default potential accident today, but whos at fault?

So I took my dad to this store today in this business section, but there werent any parking spots, so I dropped him off and circled around since it was a quick buy. So when I pick him up, I moved my car closer to the shop/parked cars to let other cars behind me go ahead while I stopped. I put on my emergency blinking lights, and I noticed this ugly green mustang from the other end of the lot, racing face towards me. The guy was either on drugs or drunk, and as he got closer, I knew he was going to hit me as my dad was entering through the door, but luckily my dad also witnessed this and yelled at him and he swerved around us, luckily for him there wasnt incoming cars. So if he did hit me, who would be at fault?

Old 09-23-2007, 12:06 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: potential accident today, but whos at fault?

if you had your flashers on id say him. but if u werent in a loading zone i could see them putting you a little bit at fault but i mean if he raced at you and hit you i dont see how youd be at fault unless u were like driving on the wrong side of the road.

Old 09-23-2007, 05:44 AM
HCF Member

How can fault not be on his shoulders.

Old 09-23-2007, 06:42 AM
HCF Member

i was stopping at an area that was not meant for loading. Is it legal to stop in a business area like that to pick someone up?

Old 09-23-2007, 06:47 AM
HCF Member

- not illegal if your in the car waiting, facing in the right direction, parking lots are definitely a crap shoot

Old 09-23-2007, 04:36 PM
HCF Member

Yeah. If he's driving like an idiot in a pedestrian area in a parking lot and about to hit a car in the other lane regardless if it's in a loading zone or not then I'd say it's his fault.

Old 09-23-2007, 07:07 PM

(In michigan at least) if its in a private parking lot and nobody gets hurt there is no fault because the police won't show up; they'll just give you a report number over the phone. You'd have to take the guy to civil court and have witnesses handy.

If it was on a public road, flashers don't mean anything. If you weren't legally parked you're at least partially at fault..

This is the sort of thing that should be universal i nthe USA, but unfortunatly it varies from state to state. Your insurance company would know though.

Old 09-23-2007, 11:23 PM
HCF Member

yeah this guy seemed like he was drunk! i saw him from really far away when he was merely a speck, but he got close enough to where i can tell the color of his hair and how ugly his mustang was. Not to mention when we got out onto the surface streets, he wanted to race me.
I think if he did hit me, he would have ran... his car seemed like it just visted the junk yard for parts.

Old 09-24-2007, 05:25 PM
HCF Member

Probably has junk yard parts on it because the assclown hit someone before that, and you were his next target....

Old 09-24-2007, 05:48 PM
HCF Member

For you or anyone else it would be the other persons fault, for me they would find a way to pin the blame on my shoulders