Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2011 Civic LX (Dies. Starts Again, Shakes, then Dies)

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2014, 07:57 PM
Default 2011 Civic LX (Dies. Starts Again, Shakes, then Dies)

I own a 2011 Honda Civic LX with 41000 miles. All recommended maintenance followed.

Starting 2 days ago, I was driving down the road accelerating when all of a sudden the car just died. No odd noises, no CEL light, just died and showed the "battery and oil" lights.

I pulled over, started the car again and all seemed well. I went another mile or so, and then it died again. After this, I would try start the car, it would turn over, knock around for a bit, then die again. Once again, no CEL lights, just those two lights after it died.

After a few minutes, it started again and drove perfectly. I took it to the Honda dealership where after a few minutes of gassing it in the parking lot, they could find no issue. Chopped it up to "low fuel" (gas light wasn't on) and sent me on.

I fueled it up, and drove another 60 miles or so. The next day, I was accelerating on the interstate and it did the same thing. Died, turned over again, shook for a bit, then all of a sudden *10 mins or so* was fine again. I took it back to Honda where they looked it over, poured some Fuel Dry solution in the tank and sent me on my way.

Nervous to drive this car anymore and won't let my wife. Any thoughts?