Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

D16Y7 Intake Manifold wiring issue..?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 10:13 AM
Default D16Y7 Intake Manifold wiring issue..?

About a week ago, my spark plug wires melted in the spark plug sleeves (still don't know why that happened, there was no overheating, no leaks, no unusual CEL, spark plugs are fine), and I had to take the head off and get the spark plugs/wires out. When I was disconnecting the wires for the intake manifold/fuel rail/air box, I did mark them, however, in the midst of putting everything back together and maneuvering the wiring harness, some of the pieces of tape came off, or the marking rubbed away. So I was able to connect the fuel rail connectors (hopefully correctly), but there are four connectors which I have no idea where they go.

If someone could post a clear picture of where the wiring harness is snaked through the intake manifold, that would be great, I need to be able to get these plugged in correctly, and I haven't been able to find any help whatsoever on the internet.

For the record, I have a stock d16y7 intake and it's OBD2.

Old 04-02-2012, 10:32 AM

Post pictures of the plugs which you have in your hands. Also, if you can find the sensors that they possibly could go into, take pics of those, too.

Otherwise, find a manual (Haynes, or factory service manual) and look at the colors of the wires and go from there.

Old 04-02-2012, 12:24 PM

I have a Chilton, but that book is so incredibly vague that it doesn't do a whole lot. Basically it says "locate the manifold absolute pressure (MAP) sensor and disconnect it". Aaaalright... Where the hell is it?! I'm pretty new into the world of modifying/working on cars, so this is probably a pretty rookie mistake.

In terms of colors, there are 2 oblong/oval shaped grey (outside)/blue (inside) plugs, as well as two circular grey/white plugs. I'm gonna try maneuvering the harness so that it fits better and it won't be so taut. I'll update this thread if I hit any snags.

Old 04-03-2012, 01:42 PM

Sounds like the IACV plug (on the bottom of the throttle body), the MAP sensor plug (on the top of the throttle body), the TPS plug (on the side of the throttle body), and a mystery plug. A picture would help.

You should go to hondatech.info: Honda service manuals and grab the manual in PDF format. It's the factory service manual and it's very complete.