Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Idle or fuel issues with stalling

Old 07-02-2011, 08:38 AM

@ Bonnie: agree with mk, pull the part off, and use some carb cleaner to clean it. If that doesnt fix it, improper coolant levels could be affecting its performance. make sure you have your coolant at right level with all air out of system before you go replacing parts.

Fan should start as the engine warms up (not sure what temp), shouldnt take long, a couple of minutes if you drive it.

I saw this part for around $150, and it took ten minutes to take the stuff off to get at it, then another ten to pull the IACV off...your dealer is charging a lot of money for 20 minutes of work.

Old 07-02-2011, 10:41 AM

Thanks Atlanta just got the car for my daughter and just having alittle issus but she runs good has not stalled out yet but just keeping my eye on it and educating myself after what the dealer told me. The coolant levels are good temp in the car is in the middle with these hot days no overheating but I havent heard the fan yet maybe I will let it idle in park for 15 minutes and see what happens. Also how do you get all the air out of the lines or should I say bleed the system never heard of this before Again I am learning Thanks again

Old 07-02-2011, 10:46 AM

Mk no the engine is smooth but sounds like she wants to stall in drive rpms are about 500 and sometimes fluctuates alittle up and down but not much I am concern to make sure the fan and coolant is good I know when she runs the ac the one fan comes on In this weather the car would be running hot with out the other fan comming on Thanks again

Old 07-04-2011, 07:10 PM

search the forums, there r posts about bleeding the coolant system, or burping it if you dont have a bleeder valve.