Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

idleing problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 07:58 PM
Cool

Originally Posted by maachan513
If people used the search function more, there will be less of the same question asked many times on the forum.
well do you own the site.

Old 12-11-2010, 04:14 AM
HCF Member

The statement I made is a fact. Whether I own the site or not has nothing to do it. You don't need to ask the question, when you know the answer already.

If one perform search and study, he may find more than one answer applicable to problem. The knowledge gained this way may have better chance staying in memory bank. The method used to gain knowledge can be used for many other problems which will lead to self-efficiency.

Old 12-11-2010, 06:30 AM

maachan513: Some people who are new to the forum (especially vbulletin forums) don't understand the search function. I couldn't figure it out for the first few months I was here. You can search for exactly what you want and STILL not get the answer. I could duplicate this now. You pretty much have to use the advanced search which can be confusing.

This is a place where people come for help. Instead of telling them to go find information for themselves, HELP them. If you have an idea of how to troubleshoot the problem or if you know of a writeup that will help resolve the issue, POST A LINK. POST A SUGGESTION. Don't tell someone who has come here asking for help to go help themselves.

Maybe it would be helpful to explain that using "quotes around search terms" would help with a search? Or that going through the advanced search option and selecting more specific subforums would give better answers? That is an example of a HELPFUL suggestion.

Please be nicer to the newbies so they'll come back in the future.

Rickm75:RonJ has two links in his signature for cleaning the IACV and FITV. He is correct that you should check both of them. He also has a link for manuals. These are factory service manuals in PDF format. I would go to one of those links and find the one for your Civic (92-95). It is an invaluable resource that you can reference at any time. If you get a suggestion from the forum and need more information or instruction, you can also reference that for a much more complete set of instructions with diagrams. I wouldn't be anywhere near as knowledgeable as I am without both RonJ's suggestions and that PDF manual.

Old 12-11-2010, 09:38 AM
HCF Member

I know the frustration of using search function. I was there and still am spending lots of time searching and learning. While I still don't think my comment was rude, my apology to all who got offended or raised concern about my post and that was not my intention in the first place.

I wanted to point in the direction of self-efficiency.

Last edited by maachan513; 12-12-2010 at 07:39 AM.
Old 12-20-2010, 12:36 PM

will the problem get better in warmer weather