Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Need lots of help....Regarding Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 06:29 PM
Default Need lots of help....Regarding Headlights

Hello everyone,
I recently bought my first car, a 95 Civic 2 door. So i went online and ordered some stuff to ****e it up a little.

I ordered this Halo headlight kit: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CIVIC...ht_7145wt_1182

And a few other stuff to improve the car cosmetically.

Now i have a ton of questions about these lights. First off i am a little confused on what i can do for the bulbs. I have tried using google but its hard since i have very specific questions. First off I live in Minnesota and we have some moderately strict headlight laws, so i don't want to get to crazy with them. What i want is bulbs that are a whitish blue, but legal. I hate the boring yellow ones that came with the car. Now i think that these headlights do come with bulbs, but if i am not happy with them i will want to change them out. I was reading about the HID kits, but it seems those are more to get the exotic colors, such as red, violet etc. I just want bright bluish white.

So if i can get help on that, i will be greatly appreciated.

And also for the fog lights, can i get different colors for those without having to buy the HID kit, i was thinking an almost neon yellow, as long as they are legal.

Now for the installation, I understand that the HALO lights are hooked in like my regular head lights, then you must connect the HALO ring cord into another power such as the headlight wire, or some other wire. Would it be ok to attach them to a switch? Or is it better to have them connected the other way.

And my last question is how to connect the wire coming from the fog lights to the switch. Do i just drill a hole in the front of the car, pull the wires through that, or do they through some other way? There are 2 empty switch spots in the middle console behind the shifter i was thinking about putting the fog light switch and possibly HALO switch.

Sorry this is long but i am totally new to this.

Thanks

Old 08-27-2010, 04:30 AM

Sylvania Silverstars are a nice white bulb but they aren't HID. They're halogen.

You can do anything with halos. You can have them on switched power or accessory power, doesn't matter.

The wire from the fog lights should be able to fit through a hole that's already in the firewall. Look around beside the brake master cylinder and you should see a suitable one, probably with a rubber grommet covering it.