Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

No Crank no Start.

Old 05-03-2019, 02:01 PM
Default No Crank no Start.

I have a 2003 Honda Civic.
3 days ago I ran through some high water but was easily able to turn around and get back out of it. Well the next day I noticed that it seemed like my battery was struggling to start the car. So I assumed it was an aging battery and went to get it checked. They told me that the battery was on it's last leg but it should work for a little bit as the cold cranking looked fine. That night I try to crank the car to leave and the lights on the dash flicker and it struggles until finally stopping turning over altogether.
I had a friend (he drives a 6 cylinder Jeep) come to jump the car but the car won't even crank when being jumped now. There is a clicking sound coming from the fuse box under the hood but there is no other sound than that. Also all of my lights in the car and my headlights work and don't dim when I turn the key.
I check the oil to see if I hydrolocked it but there is no water in the oil. I was curious if this would be cause by wet connections somewhere or what would be the cause of this.

Old 05-04-2019, 08:34 PM

I just wanted to follow up here. Evidently the starter that I bought first and put in was bad so I replaced it with another and it works just fine.
So in a few words, it was just the starter.
Thanks!