Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

toe adjuster.... anyone use one for rear?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 05:48 PM
mxs
HCF Member
Default RE: toe adjuster.... anyone use one for rear?

could i just snap the bolt head off and cut the stock arm in half to remove the bolt/adjuster....
I think you just need to look at it more carefully and reread what I said, I don't think you fully understand it but I don't know how to explain it better.

Old 05-25-2007, 06:03 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well i kinda get it.... but always harder to properly know without physicaly SEEING it.

i know what my 66impala front lower Aarm adjustment bolt looked like but with it its a circle and the NUT... but it could be fully removed to replace it...

but sucks how they made it so it couldnt be replaced!!!!!!!
if i have to i can always cut a hole in the botom of the pocket to replace it IF the dealership will sell that part... then once replaced i can weld over a patch back over the hole so its solid again... or just bracing around it first and then cut ahole.

guess ill have to check out the dealership and see if they can sell that part and HOPE it doesnt cost alot...

but then again spraying it down with penatrating oil so much MIGHT just do the truck alone but like said.... problem is IF it doesnt or it does snap... then id have to wait for any parts... i know its a hassle either way i go or even look at it.LOL

Old 05-25-2007, 06:12 PM
mxs
HCF Member

I actually tried to look up the inside slider nut part and I can't even find it.

It's less likely that the bolt will break, and MORE likely that in the process of heating the bolt up you burn off the whole rubber bushing. So before you take a torch to it I suggest having either new OEM compensator arms, or the aftermarket toe adjusters.

Old 05-25-2007, 06:44 PM
Recognized HCF Member

all right... thanks for the advice! guess ill buy the toe adjusters and torch it...
but just outta curiosity... how much where your new compensator arms? just to compare prices...

Old 05-25-2007, 06:57 PM
mxs
HCF Member

I bought COMPLETE rear trailing arms with the hubs, rotors, calipers, ebrake lines, and compensator arms for $300, you don't need all that though.

if you want to get the stock compensator arms they are probably pretty cheap, at least cheaper than the ST adjusters.