Troubleshooting Common Problems - Page 3 - HondaCivicForum.com

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 12:09 PM

Default v-tec is not working

I bought a 97 honda civic hx from a friend he pulled out the v-tec-e and put a regular v-tec in. I have had the car about 6-8 months and I have only felt the v-tec engage once. I have changed the oil twice and i have replaced a few things not related to the the v-tec. today I pulled the v-tec solenoid and put 12V on it and it does click. When I plug in the harness nothing! I put my test light on the plug from the harness with the solenoid unplugged from it lights up, however when I touch the light to the solenoid nothing so I switched the from neg to pos and touched the solenoid and it lights up. HOW DO I FIX IT?
Old 09-09-2012, 02:33 AM

gday im new 2 this an not sure how it works but here goes.
i have a hybrid civic at my place, its about 5 or 6 year old, that belongs 2 friends working overseas.
the car sits in the shed and i take it out every couple of months or so. last time dropping a mutual friend at tullamarine 2 catch a flight the dash display showed IMA light. i parked it back in the shed and got it out the other day, 8 ...10 wks after airport run. the IMA light still on. car runs ok. i read service manual which refers to the assist battery pack but doesnt really give any info except refer 2 dealer. which is probably what i will do.
but 2 things.
i would like 2 find out whats going on b4 dropping in2 the dealer cash pit.
and can anyone recommend a good place 2 take it,
prefer nth side of melb if possible..
thanks 4 your time
bazjj
Old 10-12-2012, 11:11 AM

British Columbia car driven to Ontario.. ran perfectly the entire 4 day drive across the country. Once I arrived the car sat for a week in a colder climate. I turned it on every 3 days or so to pull it in and out of the garage. Today I tried to move the car from the garage to the driveway and it wouldn't turn over. I grabbed some footage of the car & the sounds it was making. Hopefully someone has some advice for me. Thanks!

Took a video of my problem in 1080p.

Closed Thread