Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Won't Start --- Project failing >:O

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 01:07 PM
Default RE: Won't Start --- Project failing >:O

if that is the engine ground, it is in fact grounded correclty. From radiator area to the valve cover.

Old 12-06-2007, 02:23 PM
mxs
HCF Member

WHERE is it attached on the valve cover? Take a picture.

Also:
ORIGINAL: mxs

do you hear the fuel pump running?

Old 12-06-2007, 02:26 PM

One side is attached to the valve cover nut (drivers side front) and the other is screwed just below that on front of the valve cover.

Old 12-06-2007, 02:27 PM

Sorry have to talk to my brother to get a picture from his phone so I can show it to you. It's fairly simple though without pics.

Old 12-06-2007, 06:55 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Are you sure the battery is good/fully charged? If the battery is fine, then is the starter getting battery power when you turn the ignition key? If not, check fuses 31 and 32 in the main fuse box.

Old 12-06-2007, 08:37 PM
Chubby Chaser

just take a piece of wire and jump the starter and see if it starts turn key on and make sure its outta gear dont unplug anything off the starter just take the wire and touch both wires on the starter together. if engine turns over let me know. you should also have a ground goin to trans.

Old 12-06-2007, 10:04 PM

NO NO NO I tried all of that. I havent checked the fuses like ron suggested wich will be my next task in the morning. I arched the solenoidwith a screwdriver and still got some clicking noise. The thing that is clicking sits just above the fuel filter in my engine bay but I do not know what it is. It has two plugs and a vaccum hose to the intake I believe. Will confirm in daylight in the morning.

EDIT: i do have a ground to the trans clutch cable bracket (mounted to the trans) .. That's the main ground to the battery.. OEM. -- Atleast thats where i found it. ;]

Old 12-06-2007, 10:08 PM

I'm not positive the battery is fully charged. I put a jump from another car on it for about 20 min and tried to start it. The first time I tried it immediately.

Old 12-07-2007, 12:08 AM
Chubby Chaser

if u jumped the starter and engine didnt turn over then something internal is binded,if u dont think nothing is binded the try push start.

Old 12-07-2007, 12:31 AM

im not going to try a push start because then I have to push it back if it doesnt work. I also don't think the starter is binded because I installed it and saw it disengaged and it hasnt engaged since i put the motor in. The ignition processdoesnt make it that far I don't think.

Quick Reply: Won't Start --- Project failing >:O