Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

93 Del Sol Bushing Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 06:15 PM
HCF Member
Default 93 Del Sol Bushing Replacement

Hey everyone I havent been on here in forever but anyway, I got a 1993 Del Sol S and recently put brand new wheels and tires on it. I lowered it, put a blox front camber kit on, new tie rods, and got it aligned and everything. My mechanic then told me I would need new lower control arm bushings because mine were starting to fail. He told me to look into Energy Suspensions complete Hyper Flex set, and it is pretty cheap so I am going to buy it. My question is how hard are the bushings in the kit to install? By hard I mean do all the bushings require a press to get them in/out? I know the lower control arm one does. Should I just take it to the shop and have them do them all? Has anyone had any experience with this kit?

Old 10-15-2008, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by cbaber
Hey everyone I havent been on here in forever but anyway, I got a 1993 Del Sol S and recently put brand new wheels and tires on it. I lowered it, put a blox front camber kit on, new tie rods, and got it aligned and everything. My mechanic then told me I would need new lower control arm bushings because mine were starting to fail. He told me to look into Energy Suspensions complete Hyper Flex set, and it is pretty cheap so I am going to buy it. My question is how hard are the bushings in the kit to install? By hard I mean do all the bushings require a press to get them in/out? I know the lower control arm one does. Should I just take it to the shop and have them do them all? Has anyone had any experience with this kit?
most of them require a press
i would put on the ones you don't need a press for, and then have them do the rest.
or get a bushing press (not sure how expensive or availability or anything)

Old 10-15-2008, 06:54 PM
HCF Member

Ya thats what I was thinking. Do you know specifically which ones do not require a press?

Old 10-15-2008, 06:59 PM

you can tell by looking at them.
the ones that look like this need a press. The metal part is the part wedged into the particular suspension component.

Old 10-16-2008, 03:46 PM
HCF Member

ok thanks for the info man