Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Help with the track rod end outer

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 02:50 PM
HCF Member
Default Help with the track rod end outer

Hi guys,
I need some help with the track rod end outer, I need to change them both in my civic.
After checking on the internet, I found one site where they are reasonably cheap, just under £6.00 each. Is it the normal price or should I go for a bit more expensive ones? Any recommendation? At the same time I will change the brake disks and pads. I had a quick look on the internet about Brembo disks and they are slightly more expensive than others manufacturers. What do you guys think? Can any cheaper disks do the job?

Old 10-11-2011, 01:41 PM
HCF Member

I'm assuming you're talking about tie rods (the end joints that are on the steering rack). They're not too difficult to replace. Popping the joint out is probably the most difficult part. Obviously you'll need an alignment immediately.

I bought OEM ones for like $30 each. Your price is probably just the boot.

There are lots of opinions on rotors. Mine is that unless you want one with painted hats so you cant see the rust, then get the cheapest ones you can find. They're just a piece of steel. Your brake bedding procedure is more important than wasting money on OEM or brembos.

Old 10-12-2011, 06:06 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by boiler1
I'm assuming you're talking about tie rods (the end joints that are on the steering rack). They're not too difficult to replace. Popping the joint out is probably the most difficult part. Obviously you'll need an alignment immediately.

I bought OEM ones for like $30 each. Your price is probably just the boot.

There are lots of opinions on rotors. Mine is that unless you want one with painted hats so you cant see the rust, then get the cheapest ones you can find. They're just a piece of steel. Your brake bedding procedure is more important than wasting money on OEM or brembos.
Thanks for your advice. As you said they are easy to replace so I will do it my self.