Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Pulling Issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 09:48 PM
Default Pulling Issues

Ok, here's the deal...I bought the car and noticed that it pulls to the left slightly while cruising, but pulls extremely hard while accelerating. I took it and had an alignment done (according to the printout, the front and rear right camber were off). As soon as I left the tire shop, I noticed it was still doing it.

Here are my thoughts:

A) I'm a solid 340 lbs in a 2dr Civic, but I don't think it would make it pull that hard

B) The person that had it before me obviously wasn't very observant. There are 3 different brands of tire on the car. The front left is a 190/60/15 Daytona...the front right is a 190/60/15 Hankook...and the rears are 195/65/15 Fuzions. I don't think that different brands of tire would make it pull like that either though. They're all new tires but I'm going to have 4 matching ones put on just for my peace of mind (or have 2 put on the front to match the rears)

C) I've checked the brakes and nothing seems to be out of the ordinary

D) It's not been wrecked

E) There's a slight vibration at 60 and it gets worse the faster you go

Right now I'm kind of at a loss, I'm thinking about taking it to the mechanic and having him check it out.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the subject? Is there just something I'm missing?

Old 12-19-2007, 10:01 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: Pulling Issues

With respect to the pulling, I would have the alignment and brakes re-examined. In addition, double check that the tires are inflated to the same pressures (~35 psi).

The vibration more than likely is due to out of balance wheels.

Old 12-20-2007, 06:31 PM
HCF Member

Has anyone checked the brakes? A stuck caliper can cause pulling issues. Check the pads - they will tell you if something is not right.

By the way, unless you are 7' tall, you might want to take some nuitrition classes. Seriously, don't wait until you have heart problems or diabetes - start losing weight, ASAP! My dad had heart surgery when he was 50 - too many years of eating sausage and bacon....

Old 12-20-2007, 06:38 PM
mxs
HCF Member

You could put the two matching tires on the front of the car and see if that helps at all.

Old 12-22-2007, 07:03 AM
Recognized HCF Member

i would rebalance the wheels, we had to actualy have the person sit in the car while we aligned it because of there size, the car kept coming back because of the womens size, so they finaly had her sit in the car while they aligned it and it fixed the problem. somehting to try

Old 12-22-2007, 07:27 AM
Recognized HCF Member

dito with the last two.....
put same size tires on the front and then either sit in the car OR bring weights with you to aproximatly your weight and put them in the floorboard on drivers side and have it aligned again.... your extra weight is preaty much acting like lowering the car on the drivers side which would throw off the toe... after ya have those both done it should drive straight....