Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

question about lower control arm

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 10:29 PM
Default question about lower control arm

the innerpart ofmy rear tires are going out very quickly.....the reason is my rear lower arms are kind ofbent........

so i found some after-market lower control arm form ebay......my first question is ......will it fit on my stock suspension...or lower coilover springs necessary

my second question is howto install it???? can i do it myself??????

Old 12-18-2007, 11:09 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: question about lower control arm

yes, it should fit fine. And you can install them yourself with the right tools.

Old 12-18-2007, 11:25 PM

o thanks man
this shop was goning tocharge me 340 dollars for that
glad that i didnt do it there

Old 12-19-2007, 12:25 AM
HCF Member

$340... rip off!... Yeah some jack stands, a jack, and some sockets, wrenches, should be all you need. No way should you pay a shop at that price.

Old 12-19-2007, 01:22 AM
Recognized HCF Member

i might ask... when was the last time you had the car aligned? i just dont see those LCAs bending in the rear.... unless you hit something realy hard... but that could be something as small as just an alignment needed... like your TOE is off which is causing it to wear badly like that...

either way you need to get a alignment done, id get it done first and ask them that if it cannt be aligned due to a bent part if you could come back in 30days after replacing the bent part and have the alignment done again...

when i tried my 94civic is was badly seized adjusters and such, and the guy told me if i bring it back in like 30days with those parts fixed then they would redo the alignment for free. cause lets face it paying twice is stupid... just ask them before they do the work...

simply say YOUR NOT SURE if somethings bent or not BUT if it is and they cannt align the wheels then you could fix and come back later.

worked great for me!
i went thier 3 times.LOL
first time he said front upper ball joint was bad, so i can home replacing it and ran back... then they said that all my rear toe adjusters where froze and id have to fix those took me alot longer to get those BUT then i went back 3rd time and it was done praety good.....

Old 12-19-2007, 03:56 AM
mxs
HCF Member

Your control arms have nothing to do with your springs. Why get aftermarket? Why not OEM?

How did you bend them anyway?

Tire wear is probably from your toe being set incorrectly. When is the last time you had an alignment?

You can install it yourself if you have good tools and you are aware that you'll probably have some seized bolts that will need to be cut out of the car and replaced with new $8 bolts from the dealer.

Old 12-19-2007, 05:29 AM
Cat Fuсker

you'll definitly have siezed bolts...just ask Greddy_civic, he's the latest victim of those