Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Slotted and Drilled Rotors

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 03:12 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Slotted and Drilled Discs

ORIGINAL: Forty04

my guess would be that she wasn't the first owner
She was the original owner lol. Idk about the brakes but their in brand new condition by looks. No cracks or anything and no problems at all

Old 03-28-2006, 09:45 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: 01CivicEX

She was the original owner lol. Idk about the brakes but their in brand new condition by looks. No cracks or anything and no problems at all
wow, that's nuts. Did she have a grand son (or daughter for that matter) she let drive it??

Old 03-28-2006, 12:36 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Kappa22

Yeah, drilling the rotors really doesn't do jack in comparison to slotting.
Yea the biggest problems with street driving and rotors is the gasses that get trapped under the pad(between the pad and rotor, this is what causes brake fade). Like sir_nasty stated true drilled rotors are forged that way not drilled but there are more companies that do this now than porche(that statement was true about 5/6 years ago). But Benze does it now along with a certain company with a car byt the name of a Enzo. The point though is that if you do get a set of rotors aftermarket wise try and stay away from anything that is drilled. I bought my hatch and it allready had slotted/drilled rotors on it and I will leave them for the time being but I do plan on a break rotor swap when I convert the rear to a disc brake setup.

Old 03-28-2006, 07:26 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: 01CivicEX

wow, that's nuts. Did she have a grand son (or daughter for that matter) she let drive it??
Nope she lived all by herself, drove the car to work (2hrs away) everyday. Idk why she did all that stuff to it. At least i know it wasnt abused. She gave me all the documented maintenance and everything as well.