Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Honda Oil Filter Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 07:32 PM
Default RE: Oil Drain Bolt

OMG this is buy far the best thing i read on here my whole 30 life long postings. ^^^he said "man handle that sucker off"^^^ HAHAHA... this dude went from i cant get it off, to i think they air gunned it on, to i'ma get a new tool, "how much can u bench", and then the "boyfriend has some air tools. i am like dying over here, cuz that stuff only happens to me. i am sorry to be laughing i dont mean anything bad, this whole story is hilarious. good luck next time, and start lifting weights. i bench about 325 and sometimes i have trouble, then again you need to have strong arms and shoulders from that position, so curls and military presses would do you better.

Old 08-07-2007, 08:53 PM
HCF Member

Lets see I can probably bench about 140. I'm not a huge guy I'm 18 and only 5"6' so, and I did sports in high school but I don't work out all the time. I'm in decent shape, and not by any means weak, but whatever. And I said my mom's boyfriend has air tools, he's a airplane mechanic for fedex.

Old 08-07-2007, 09:43 PM
HCF Member

he wasn't asking, he already knew that.

Old 08-08-2007, 10:11 AM
HCF Member

I just changed my oil a couple days ago and had the same problem. Once the car cooled down it popped off pretty easily. The oil was still kind of hot though more than it probably should be when you come in contact with it. When the engine is still hot I think the metal and everything expands a bit making it harder to take the drain nut off.

Next time you do it warm the car up just enough so the fluid comes out easier and the drain nut, touch the oil pan under the car and if it's too hot to touch wait a little longer. Should be warm but not so much you can't touch it for 10 sec.

In my opinion...

Old 08-08-2007, 10:44 AM
Recognized HCF Member

or just crack it loose when its cool... then snug it and then warm the motor up..... and now the bolts just snug....

but if you think the bolt is messed up or close to it just go buy a new oil pan bolt... .maybe even one of those with the magnets on them to catch any loose debri....

ive been meaning to get one for my civic BUT im to lazy.... i think im just gonna grab some small magnets i got and epoxy glue them to the tip of the bolt