General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

pros and cons

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 02:33 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: pros and cons

See now theres some Good Pros And Cons!!! wooo[sm=thanx.gif] haha

Old 05-23-2007, 04:26 PM
HCF Member

Pros: civics just look cool
Cons: those damn cupholders in my 99, and also all honda horns [:@]

Old 05-23-2007, 05:14 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Live_4it

This guy was driving his mustang in front of me today and the whole way back he was going 45 mph where I normally go 60 aswell as most cars.... I bet it was becausehe was trying to get good mpg, but who would buy a car like that if they're afraid of using too much gas? Same thing with the hummers and suv's like mentioned. I mean for one thing hummers are ment to go off road it's sooo stupid for someone to buy one of those and then commute with it. They are just trying to show off and show prosperity but to me it shows ignorance...
I laugh sometimes when someone in a 8-12cyl BMW or Mercedesgets bent out of shape if I pass them in fast-moving traffic. So they can top 160MPH...in Germany maybe.At 75MPH, we're both maxing the legal U.S. speed limit in most wide-openplaces andcan easily cruise faster than that if need be...but I'm still getting better than 30MPG at anything less than WOT. They shoulda just boughta 6cyl Z4 or something...so they could occasionally top 20MPG and/or drive something sporty. For less than half of what their 1 car cost, I got 2 vehicles (one is a modded beater '95 Wranglerfor winter/offroad/toyhauling) and I'm looking to get a 250-400cc dualsport cycle (60-100MPG) as well. You can only go so fast and have so much fun on the roadbefore getting your license/freedom revoked, and I wouldn'tdrive an +$80K vehicle through the salt and snow up north. Especially with hit&run drivers running rampant, that's silly. A $30K Subaru WRX would have given them better year-round performance around here.

Hummer owners are generallyjust ignorant money burners. There are WAY better vehicles out there for WAY less money. The H1 was surely capable (16-17" clearance under diffs, 30-60" fordingdepth, 1.25ton payload, traction diffs, boxed frame and sturdy suspension, etc.) running indesert or other wide-open offroad spaces with a heavy load, but just too darn big/heavy for tight trails or roof-deep snow...let alone city driving.The newer models aren't even meant toseriously offroad, if you judge by the engineering. The H2 is nothing more than a Tahoe chassis with a boxy, overweightbody. The H3 is a Trailblazer chassiswith pretty much the same.Their offroad ability is almost laughable hype now, compared to a cheapold Toyota pickup orJeep TJwith just some33s and lunchbox lockers fitted. When you also look at purchase, build,maintenance, and repaircosts...it IS laughable.The visibility out of H1s and H2s sucks, they don't fit a lot of places, and all of them are underpoweredfuel guzzlers that drive like an overloaded fishing trawler wallowing through the Bering Sea. If you need to haul anything, you're better off just buying a 4dr pickup...unless maybe if you're a Baja drugrunner with mil-spec turret-equipped Humvees or something. Then a Hummer may just be the vehicle for you.

Old 05-23-2007, 05:22 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: cyberx32

I notice several complaints about the cupholders, but I do fine with mine. I also added more though, by experimenting withsomewindow-sill mounted ones by the interior latch-handles, near the side mirrors. The 1st type (brittle plastic) I tried kept falling out or cracking. The 2nd type has worked pretty well and are greaton roadtrips when I have several drinks at hand.

Old 05-23-2007, 06:04 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Kommando

ORIGINAL: cyberx32

I notice several complaints about the cupholders, but I do fine with mine. I also added more though, by experimenting withsomewindow-sill mounted ones by the interior latch-handles, near the side mirrors. The 1st type (brittle plastic) I tried kept falling out or cracking. The 2nd type has worked pretty well and are greaton roadtrips when I have several drinks at hand.
my sister had those in her infiniti and they scratched her windows wicked bad lol

Old 05-23-2007, 06:38 PM

yeah civic horns are very wimpy lol...........and now that I think about the cupholders are a little weird but I can live with em.

Old 05-23-2007, 07:32 PM
HCF Member

i believe the cup holder issue depends on the generation...i have no problem with mine, even hard corners at 80+mph...as long as its like a can of pop..but if you put a "large" or "medium" or even the big ol' "super size" cups in there, forget it..but then you have to ask your self...in a 6th gen, do you know how hard a 64oz cup is to maneuver around the shifter? then ask your self...why do i need a drink that large?

pros:
comfort (im 5-6 and 120 ish lbs)
looks pretty ok stock, even better lowered.
awesome fuel economy
nothing thats to unnecessary, but still luxurious enough (for me anyway...im picky though, i hate leather for one...most people cant stand cloth)
handles pretty good stock, easy to make it handle even better though
wide after market support
D series parts are cheaper than a poretrican hooker
easy to fix.....
every thing works together perfectly
best "feel" of any car i have driven
steering response is amazing...you can really tell where your limits are.
reliable like no other.
basically, its the first, and last car i will ever own...
Cons:
some trim colors are a pain in the *** to keep clean
the seats kill my back after about 2 hour's of driving (i do have some back problems though, no one else that i have had in the car that long has complained)
i dont know about the steering wheel grippy stuff...i never had any on mine[>:]
for a while, they were on the top 10 list of most stolen cars...but since has been replace with the Teggys...still, people like to steal them.
bad rep.
get made fun of a ton.

Old 05-23-2007, 07:42 PM
HCF Member

I see that the majority of pros and cons have been worked through pretty well by now, but I'd like to add these:

Pro--> Clean, tasteful, fast, and incon****uously modded cars.

Con--> Ricer-boy dream cars (looks a lot like a clown car).

I guess you get some of both. I tend to rind my 81 Honda CM 400 on nice days. It's pretty quick for a bike I traded work for after I found it in a barn. It's really inexpensive to own, insure, and keep running. It keeps miles off my car and is effectively my beater right now. Plus it's hard to beat 60+ mpg.

Good topic.

Old 05-23-2007, 10:53 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: the_turtle

get made fun of a ton.
hahaha true that. by buddy owns a turbo supra... and he makes fun of me for driving a civic... even though hes getting 15mpg city on 92 octane, while im getting 35mpg on 87 octane... i dont care ifmy cars slower, or if his torque is better than my horsepower and torque added together...