HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Shandle's '00 Civic Hatch build aka "The Incredible Hulk"

Old 10-03-2011, 09:51 PM
July 2010 ROTM

Bushings arent likely to fix sloppy shifters. I tried it on my ej2. Theres something lovingly called the "bitch pin". Its in the side of the trans. Google the subject. I would, but im still at work.

Old 04-07-2012, 10:18 AM
HCF Member

Nissan Silvia S14 240sx Jet Fighter Paint Job| Tuned Tech Car Enthusiasts

been absolutely in love with this car lately, its probably going to be the route go with my car. However, I'm thinking of being a little more apocalypse themed and less WWII.

I'm also really considering on getting a set of Diamond Racing Steelies in some ridiculous size that would require me to run fender flares like this:

http://ivyleagueeast.com/wp-content/...rladyZ_S30.jpg

Thoughts? Inquiries? Suggestions?

ps- probably gonna paint the outside in matte green and leave the engine bay red. I'm gonna paint my valve cover red and paint a rising sun on it. Also considering getting a set of spiked valve cover bolts and engine mount bolts from Bolt Boys (though I really dont want to spend the money on them) I also really want to find a set of lugnut spikes to go with my Diamond Steelies. I saw a teaser picture of some lugnut spikes released by the Bolt Boys, but I dont know if they ever went through with it and released them. I'm gonna do some searching.

Just thought I would let you guys know whats up and where the project is headed. Its not dead, just awaiting my tax return. I desperately need new engine mounts (probably Avid Racing) and I need to replace my bitch pin. I'll probably also put in new bushings on my shift linkage while I'm at it because they're cheap and I'd love to have a nice, firm shift (its super sloppy right now)

A few weeks ago I was letting my St Bernard out of his cage and he damn near ran me over. I fell into the front driver's side fender and put a huge dent in it. I pulled it out, but it left a couple smaller dents. The damn thing squeaks like you wouldn't believe (I think it was in a wreck at one point) and basically, I just don't care about it being "clean" anymore. I like rat-rods. I like apocalypse cars. I like having a car that I can beat the **** out of, not having any problems and not CARE at the end of the day that its dirty.

Later on down the road, after I get a new job, I plan on going turbo d16z6 so that I can still utilize all the parts I plan on buying for it in the near future (engine mounts, short shifter, shifter bushings, etc.,)

I'll update the thread's first post shortly, and then the wait for my tax return truly begins.

Old 04-07-2012, 11:00 PM
HCF Member

also, what do you guys think of this:

GTS-SUS-1222 GT Spec Trunk Braces - Complete Trunk Cage for 96-00 Honda Civic at Andy's Auto Sport

clearly its probably over-priced, but it seems like I could stiffen things up a bit back there without losing too much functionality. I like the x-bars, but the top bar on them is really high and I would be afraid it would be dangerous to people riding in the backseat (namely, my kids)

So, opinions?

Old 05-21-2012, 06:38 PM
HCF Member

bought a wink mirror the other day. I'll be installing it once I decide what I want to re-wrap my headliner in...

A few days ago on my way home from work I ran over an old rubber bungie chord. One of the metal "S" shaped hooks jammed into my tire and gave me a flat (which I later plugged, its fine now) BUT, here's the catch: The stupid bungie chord swung around a couple times before it detached and punctured a hole into my passenger side tail light.... ridiculous, I know... but it happened.

So it looks like now I have a new set of tail lights on my list of things I need...

list of soon-to-be-purchased "mods":
-new tail lights (possibly new headlights while I'm at it?) ($80-$180)
-Energy suspension urethane engine mount inserts ($50)
-new bitch pin (?)
-ex gauge cluster (if I can find one!) - ($100)
-re-wrap headliner ($30?)
-lip kit (can't decide if I want to get a rear lip or not...) ($30-70)
-type-r replica grill ($30)

-oh, and another 6 months of insurance :P

Last edited by Shandles; 05-21-2012 at 06:49 PM.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:06 PM
HCF Member

Nice build... love ek hatches

Old 05-22-2012, 06:10 PM
HCF Member

Thanks man! Yours is mind blowing!