Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Still A/C problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 09:31 AM
Default Still A/C problems

I am at my wits end with this A/C. I have changed the blower resistor switch,condenser, condenser fan and motor, compressor and compressor clutch, both A/C lines, flushed radiator, had system evacuated and recharged. well the a/c blows barely cool not cold at all and my speeds arent as powerful as they should be. and now when a/c is on and i am idling the car starts shaking and if A/C is on and i am accellerating it drags it down big time. the mechanic said thats the best my A/c will do I do not believe him so any suggestions would be tested. I got this car brand new with only 6 miles on it and i plan on keeping it as long as i can so I try to maintain and fix things as needed. my neighbor said one issue could be spark plugs and spark plug wires. not sure but its time to change them anyway. i was thinking alternator????

Old 07-28-2011, 05:20 AM
Recognized HCF Member

What model year?

Have you checked for a clogged cabin air filter (if equipped) or otherwise debris in the fins of the evaporator?

A/C dragging down the engine more than usual (and poor cooling performance) could be because it's overcharged with refrigerant or oil, or the condenser fan is not working.