Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

car higher after lowering

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 07:01 PM
HCF Member
Default car higher after lowering

a professional shop installed tein H techs for me but after they jacked it down the car looked higher!! they decided to re order S techs for me, but now that I've driven it home i've noticed that it is actually lower than when just raised down from the jack and the H techs seem to be working with the drop that they were advertised for. though very disappointing (still a big gap)........ Is this common? There were 4-5 guys at the shop that didn't know why. I don't think its an illusion or anything like that, it was clearly higher when I briefly glimpsed at it.

Old 08-14-2007, 07:33 PM
mxs
HCF Member
Default RE: car higher after lowering

They need a few days to settle, that should include some spirited driving, not just sitting in the driveway.

They won't settle much though, H-techs are hardly a drop at all

Old 08-14-2007, 08:49 PM
HCF Member

So this sounds normal to you? Those guysseem like they have a lot of experience butthey freaked out when unjacked it looked higher! They blamed it on Tein malfunction or factory screw up andnot installation. But when I drove it home it looked fine, a lot lower than when just unjacked.
Is that normal? Anything else they could have done wrong? And ya H techs suck big time. Going to redo it with S tecs

Old 08-15-2007, 09:21 AM
Recognized HCF Member

the springs probably twisted and settled into the right spot which put them lower and were they were sappost to be. do you have any before and after pics?

Old 08-15-2007, 09:44 AM
Administrator

give it a few days, like MXS said, the h-techs are not a huge drop but it should be noticable when they settle

Old 08-15-2007, 12:16 PM
HCF Member

no i dont have any barely unjacked pictures as they took me to the area and i just glimpsed at it and it was super ugly and high, higher than factory. When I drove home they seemed to have settled. heres what it looks like now, obviously lower than factory stock. Im just worried they didnt install it right/something busted/broke causing the car to then lower. Also is it normal to hear the springs a bit during breaking after starting up? when i first drove out of my drive way today i hearda lot noises but then after about 10 minutes it was fine...

Old 08-17-2007, 12:13 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: burgernuds

no i dont have any barely unjacked pictures as they took me to the area and i just glimpsed at it and it was super ugly and high, higher than factory. When I drove home they seemed to have settled. heres what it looks like now, obviously lower than factory stock. Im just worried they didnt install it right/something busted/broke causing the car to then lower. Also is it normal to hear the springs a bit during breaking after starting up? when i first drove out of my drive way today i hearda lot noises but then after about 10 minutes it was fine...

Your stock springs could have been sagged too. Give it a few days of spirited driving for the new springsto settle a bit. I'd also check to make sure everything is lubed and properly torqued. Learn how to do this kind of work yourself. Most shops are clueless/careless when it comes to modded vehicles. They aren't going to put the same effort into a car that a clued-inowner would.

Old 08-18-2007, 01:10 PM
HCF Member

so are you saying that its normal for new installed springs to look higher and then "settle" down to their desired height after some driving?
I trust this shop a lot! They are an branch extension of Autobacs and I wouldn't know what I'm looking at it if I poke my head under my car....

Old 08-20-2007, 06:19 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: burgernuds

so are you saying that its normal for new installed springs to look higher and then "settle" down to their desired height after some driving?
Definitely. You never see older springs that are higher than they started at, do you?

Old 08-21-2007, 08:31 AM
HCF Member

well i was concerned because it looked twice as high as the factory istallation, it looked like it was jacked UP!! but anyways ive gotten the s techs installed and i'm quite happy. Though I'll need to get an alignment and probably a camber kit this saturaday (shopwanted me to drive around for a week first)

thanks