Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

tokico hp shocks and springs VS tein s techs

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 11:32 AM

Acutally looking into it more, the H&R Sport's you're looking at have about the same drop as the Tein S.Techs, only difference is slightly higher spring rates. For what it's worth, I'd play it safe and go with the Tein S.Techs and the Koni STR.T. There's not a whole lot of information out on the Koni STR.T's and their valving. From my research on them it seems as if their valving is close to the Koni Yellow Sports on their lowest setting, which isn't extremely agressive. The Koni's with the Tein's will last a real long time.

Old 12-18-2010, 11:36 AM
HCF Member

make sure the koni's are the orange str.t's and not koni reds. I just say that because the reds are not as good quality. Im surprised the oranges are cheaper than HP's.

As for whether they will handle H&R springs, im not sure, but I can tell you that the Koni oranges are designed for lowering springs OR will work as an OE replacement, where as the HP's are just designed as an OE replacement ,BUT people use them for lowering springs. I have heard that the Koni Oranges are just non adjustable Koni yellows on the softest setting. Not 100% sure on that though, cause it wasnt off of Koni's website. If I were you, I would go with the Stechs if its just for daily driving because you will get a much nicer ride.

Also, for thmotorsports.com there is a 3% off code through end of Feb called "threeoffthm2" This is the only current code I could find, but usually they have a dozen or so for specific brands that you might wanna search for.

****I just tested the taxbreak2010 code on a $765 random item and it brought it down to $705. You prolly wont find a better discount code than that.