Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

head unit doesnt hold any memory!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 05:09 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by addiction2bass
when you say SLICED..... i hope you mean you bought a wire harness adapter... and didnt cut up your factory harness!

if you did take this for next time... NEVER CUT THE FACTORY WIRES!!!!!!! its the stupidest thing you can ever do with a radio!!!!!!!! spend the 8-15bucks and save yourself ALOT OF HASSLE!!! those wires are color coded and match right up with any aftermarket radio harness. PLUS you can wire them all up inside your house anytime you want and then simply plug it into the stock harness and your deck.

when you splice wires you run into alot of problems and its just not worth it.
^seconded^

Harness makes the whole process extremely easy.

Old 05-01-2009, 06:07 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by tatman523
hello everybody,
i have a 95 honda civic and had to splice my factory wiring from the radio to my new Pyle PLD53MUT head unit. i wired everything correctly except when i turn the car off the head unit always gets reset...the presets, the volume the eq the clock everything. I have the white/blue(constant) wire connected to the yellow(constant) and the yellow/red(ignition switch) connected to the red(switch) wire but it still doesnt hold the memory!! What is wrong guys!!!??

Please help me out
Thank you so much
if it correctly turns on and, off with the car but loses its memory, then the wire that you have hooked to constant is not a true constant. You most likely have the constant and ignition wires switched.

also if everything works correctly when the car is on, then all of the fuses are good so you don't need to worry about that.

first off ignore what the wire colors are supposed to be, go get a voltmeter and meter the supposed constant wire with the key in all different positions and make sure it always shows +12 v. and do the same for the supposed ignition wire, but make sure it only shows +12 v with the car in accessory and run. the one that only shows +12v when the car is on is ignition, and the one that always shows +12 v is the battery or constant wire.

Old 05-01-2009, 06:12 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Originally Posted by Sigracer10

also if everything works correctly when the car is on, then all of the fuses are good so you don't need to worry about that.
This statement is incorrect with respect to a blown BACKUP fuse.