General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Should I get this Civic 01 EX but *HIGH* mileage

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 09:58 PM
Default RE: Should I get this Civic 01 EX but *HIGH* mileage

ORIGINAL: itinerant

I'd say buy it. As long as it has been well maintained and you have a complete history, what's there to fear? Shouldn't be too many surprises.

My dad and I snagged a 2000 Civic for $2900 about 2 years ago. The guy was the only owner and had a complete history. The downside? 235,000 highway miles.

It's still going today. We keep the maintenence up on it, and last I checked it's at 248,XXX. It has been one of the best Civics we have owned, and we've had six.
Thanks, I hope this car is as good as your Dads...after reading these posts I feel that high mileage is okay.

Old 12-20-2007, 10:24 PM

ORIGINAL: jason_hann53

honestly man you'd be crazy not to take that deal. i payed 10 grand canadian for mine and mines an 02 and it had 100k on it. so 3500-4 for one with 50k more would be a screamin deal in my opinion. does it look dirty or rusted under the hood?
Cool ! Im in Toronto actually, buts its a USA car which the seller imported when he moved to Canada.

Yeah youre right the Si models and Civics in general are pretty expensive here ! But you only live once...10CAD for an Si with 160,000km is about right, the car Im looking at has over ++250,000km...(it has an American cluster readout in miles...)

Theres actuallya lot of dirt and grime under the hood (I hope its just applied grease), itsfilthy and the aluminum thing is pretty rusted...But Ive heard at least thats the sign of an honest seller, as the shady guys try to detail the engine bay to fool you to think its mint

Old 12-21-2007, 09:59 AM
HCF Member

thats true haha, you know if the engine is immaculately clean its either almost brand new or someones hiding something! but yeah hondas go forever, ESPECIALLY if you know it hasnt been bagged to ****. even then hondas can take a beating. just curious, what color is it?

Old 12-21-2007, 10:55 AM

ORIGINAL: jason_hann53

thats true haha, you know if the engine is immaculately clean its either almost brand new or someones hiding something! but yeah hondas go forever, ESPECIALLY if you know it hasnt been bagged to ****. even then hondas can take a beating. just curious, what color is it?
Its Rally Red...not my first choice, I like silver, blue,or black but its really clean...here is aa Google pic of the color...(the car Im looking at doesnt have a stripe)...but otherwise its the same.

Old 12-21-2007, 11:50 AM
HCF Member

so you dont plan on ANY mods? like no tint, rims or anythign?

Old 12-21-2007, 12:57 PM

If the deal works out and I get the car (as I really hope so) id like to get gunmetal color rims of some type...maybe a used set if I can find some in nice shape...but serious mods like a suspension upgrade, oranything serious like I read about on these forumsI dont think Id be able to afford...(the spirit is willing, but the wallet is weak!)

Ive always wanted to get a black car, then put a silver hood and trunk on it to make it two tone, but with the red theres not much I can do...

My past cars were an Impala and TL sedans with 3-4 litre engines so a Civic 1.7 just being an EX model coupe is sporty enough for me !

But if I get the car, and I do plan to get a Civiccoupe of some type, I wantto spend a lot more time on these forums and I thinkthat would push me to get some mods...a nice tint sounds pretty cool now that you mention it...

Old 12-21-2007, 06:14 PM
HCF Member

I purchase My 00 Si here in California almost 3 yrs agowith just over 42,000 thousand miles on it for $8,000 thousand. Out the door with title change and taxes. I bought it cash. The actual milage on it is just over 56,000 miles

I say you are getting a great deal...GO for it DUDE

Old 12-21-2007, 10:28 PM
HCF Member

haha yeah man spending time on these forums is not only helpful, it motivates you to make your car your own! you'll love it here bro, and hopefully soon you will be rockin a 7th gen coupe!!!!