HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Cvcrcr's 98 Integra JDM Front - The new DD

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 05:00 PM

Are you planning on updating your thread anytime soon you biotch?

I am going to start looking at a hub lock for my set-up too soon. Some sort of 2 way alarm is going to be installed sooner or later in addition to kill switches. After that will be a hub lock, unless I can find one cheap with both keys earlier (fawk buying a used one with only one key).

There was already a piece of a bit stuck in the screw which I had to destroy. As you can see, I kinda went crazy with the angle grinder against the rotor. I could have done half that and use the M8 or whatever screws to push the rotor from the hub. Those screws are pointless IMO.

Old 02-14-2013, 05:40 PM
HCF Member

I don't do anything lol. I just have an *** ton of school and homework, engineering school rules over my life. I've just been picking up parts here and there, nothing exciting at all.

I actually get both keys with the hub lock. I'm going to do a few kill switches too, I actually care if my car gets stolen now, last year I wouldn't have cared lol. Only problem is hiding kill switches when I have no interior. But I want to run Neptune for tuning my car, which has the ability to set up the pass code thing to start the car- like press the brake 3 times and press the gas once to start it otherwise it won't start.

Old 02-15-2013, 09:54 AM

Do your thing man. School is a good thing.

I have a feeling that I am going to end up going crazy with the kill switches and have multiple switches hidden around the car for a few things. Switches for switches for switches for stuff like power to the main relay. The passcode thing seems interesting, too.

Bought black screws for the steering wheel set-up last night. That should be the last thing needed to buy in order to get everything to finallypass through inspection. I have owned the car for 4 months as of 2/22 and have only put on about 120 miles once it got to my moms house in October. That's sad.

Plans for this weekend are to replace the rear hub on the driver side, toss new rear pads on both sides, swap front suspension with the Civic (teg is too low lulz), and possibly play with the Civics ignition set-up. Been having a bogging/stuttering issue with it when the car is not fully warm.

EDIT: Can anyone suggest a good alarm system for me? All I know about is Viper. The cheaper the better, but not too cheap where quality is being sacrificed. 2 way would be nice, auto start is not needed of course

Last edited by cvcrcr99; 02-15-2013 at 09:58 AM.
Old 02-15-2013, 01:11 PM
HCF Member

My friends uncle owns an alarm shop and they do autopage alarms. I planning on getting one of the higher models of them as they aren't too pricey.

Old 02-15-2013, 08:34 PM
HCF Member

I love my Viper alarm. The range is ridiculous on it. Like legitimately insane. Do a stealth install, they be fancy and really not that hard to do. There are quite a few good ideas floating around out there...

Old 02-16-2013, 02:11 PM

Keep those alarm suggestions coming! Found a few Vipers I liked which were in my budget ($150ish), but does any one have model numbers for these kits? I see there are a bunch. Also, thoughts on getting aerocatch locking hood pins?

Replaced the rear left wheel bearing today. Took about 2 hours start to finish this time because I was able to find my extra angle grinder pieces or w/e they are called. It would have been done quicker, but the damn caliper seemed seized or something. I need to pull them all apart soon to see if I can fix it. I saw that one of the boots were ripped :/ That'll get done as soon as I have time to replace the pads in the back.

Also, rigged up the suspension just to get over to the mechanic to show him I raise the front for the wheel to stopping rubbing the fenders. Once he okays it, I will go back to how it was set before.

One thing left! Steering wheel and turn signal issue. Bought the cancel cam piece from Acura as I mentioned before, bought the wheel and screws from eBay. The wheel should be here Tuesday, screws here Wednesday, and the cam piece in on Thursday. Then it is off to inspection.... then alignment

Old 02-17-2013, 08:17 PM
HCF Member

Viper 5900 is what I used. Picked it up from someone who was scared away just reading the installation manual... Nothing was used. I paid $160 for it with a spare remote. It can be wired up as just an alarm, or as a fully functional command start... I'm sure there's a stand-alone alarm version of it, too.

The expensive part is always the install.

Old 02-17-2013, 11:32 PM
HCF Member

My friends uncles shop is going to put mine and we talked last year before I bought the Evo and I THINK I was going to do the Autopage 915. Probably end up going to autopage route when I finally put an alarm on this.

Old 02-19-2013, 10:44 AM

Cant find any place selling the Viper 5900, maybe that is an old model number?

Scott, I like the Autopage, if I can get it cheap enough. Any reason NOT to get somehting like the Viper 350 or Viper 3305v? I know the transmitter range is only 1500 feet, but better than nothing which I am at now. I am rarely farther than 1500 feet from my car, too. Both brand new kits for ~$100. I saw a wall-charger for a transmitter in one of the kits. Are they all like that, or only certain models? That's a pretty cool idea IMO.

Pics of the wheel once it is in my hands later tonight!

EDIT: Does anyone has spare flush mount tweeter pods/cups by chance I can have for cheap? I want to pull the Memphis audio parts out of the Civic and put into the Teg, but I can't find the mounting stuff I had for them. They are currently just tossed into the OEM tweeter pod thingys in the EK, so I never needed them before.

Last edited by cvcrcr99; 02-19-2013 at 10:48 AM.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:55 PM
HCF Member

Mine showed up today.

Quick Reply: Cvcrcr's 98 Integra JDM Front - The new DD