HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Cvcrcr's project/fix-up thread (version 1.1)

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 12:33 PM

I have the same tires. They're decent, grip pretty well, but loud of you get them worn unevenly.

Old 03-22-2012, 09:11 PM
HCF Member

DIY Centercaps - D-series.org

I plan on doing this on my OG's I think, mine have an odd center bore so I can't just grab a few of the Acura/Honda center caps sitting around at work and pop em in. Cheap fix to fill in the hole, deal to me!

Have to love the honest people on craigs, don't pop up to often. Like the guy that gave me the y8 trans, straight up told me its been sitting outside for years and said if it doesn't work it's mine to do whatever with, and I told him if it looked okay inernally I'd give him the gsr sway bar I've got sitting around. Just waiting on him to get the bar, but not too often you run in to people that tell you what the rea condition is.

Old 03-23-2012, 09:58 AM

^^Perfect. That is EXACTLY what I needed. Instead of wasting ~$30, it will be under $5. Good stuff Scott. Oh and OEM acura center caps fit perfectly.

I have a feeling this is going to be a good weekend.... at least for the car. I have received payment on BOTH sets of Hasport axles already. I plan on getting the new set of axles on my way home tonight from Autozone. Lifetime warranty FTW! Crossing my fingers I can get them installed without having to deal with axles popping out while driving.

Pic of the wheels installed. Junk Iphone pics. These are all I have since I hate the way the car looks currently. Needs a lot more low. Praying these axles will allow me to do so.

Name:  IMG_0180.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  45.8 KB

Front obviously needs to be lowered. Rear looks fine from that angle, but with the width of the tires, the rear needs more camber (probably at about 0.5° right now). I am rubbing tires as soon as I hit bumps.

I am an idiot though, I put the wheels on, then set out for some dunkin donuts coffee. Noticed a horrid wobbly feeling. Ummm I forgot to torque the front driver wheel. D'oh! No damage, just pulled over and tightened them and I was all set. Just wanted to make sure you knew I failed at some point last night

Other than suspension, that is all I have planned for the car this weekend. Bought a few impact sockets that I have been needing, so yea, nothing exciting is coming up soon. I still have like 8 things that are either sitting in my garage waiting to be installed, or on the car, but needs finishing to be considered "installed". lol

Once I get this axle issue dealt with, I can start looking towards having new tie rods installed along with an alignment. I haven't gotten a "proper" alignment in over 2.5 years.

EDIT - Also, swapped around LED bulbs and confirmed that the one I attempted to install in the trunk is defective. I put a different LED in and boom it worked. Put the trunk light in a different spot, and nothing happened. I contacted the company and they are sending me a replacement. I have to send back the defective bulb, so I guess I will pay like $1 or $2 to send it out once the replacement comes in. Good stuff.

Last edited by cvcrcr99; 03-23-2012 at 10:40 AM.
Old 03-23-2012, 02:31 PM
HCF Member

Wheels look good. I run about -3 degrees of camber in the rear lol.

Old 03-24-2012, 09:55 PM

^Thanks!

Picked up axles, installed them (along with the Accord the half shaft). Got everything done from start to finish in 1.5 hours. I am getting good at this axle thing now. Tie rod bolt on the driver side gave me some trouble and spent about 20 min on it. Otherwise, it was a smooth install.

I am EXTREMELY happy to say that ALL drivetrain noise is gone, as well as ALL binding issues have been cleared. The car rides very nice now. Time to car the front down a little more! Still need to adjust the rear camber, too. Scott, are you using OEM rear UCAs? Just wondering.

Old 03-24-2012, 10:35 PM
HCF Member

I run blox uppers in the front, and I do the washer trick in the rear. With 3"+ of drop I have 2 washers and that makes my rear rims flush. At least with washers I don't have to worry about them seizing like the adjustable ones commonly do.

Last edited by Scott53092; 03-25-2012 at 07:06 AM.
Old 03-25-2012, 02:14 PM

^ Yea, I need to remove the camber kit and hope I can get it to adjust again. It hasn't been touched in years. I am sure the nuts are seized to the "shaft" bolt or w/e it is called.

Lowered the front! Ugh. I missed this sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!

Name:  032512-Loweredagain1.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  54.1 KB

Name:  032512-Loweredagain2.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  54.3 KB

Name:  032512-Loweredagain4.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  47.9 KB

Attempted to lower the back, but before I did that I knew I needed to get to the camber kit and adjust it. Started on the passenger side, and made an "uh oh".

Name:  IMG_0196.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  51.9 KB

Sat there for a minute freaking out. Then realized I can cut the nut off and the bolt should slip right out. Correct?

As soon as I can get the rear suspension dealt with, a photoshoot will be in order!

Last edited by cvcrcr99; 03-25-2012 at 02:20 PM.
Old 03-25-2012, 04:14 PM
HCF Member

Just chop the nut off and pry the thing out, nothing a new nut and lot can't fix lol. I prefer my washer method, same say it's "ghetto" but it's more reliable and safer in my opinion. I hate aligning lowered cars including my own so the more "fixed" kind of deals like the washers makes it easier for me. Setting my front camber was the worst, have to jack the car up on the alignment rack, loosen allens, move ball joint a hair, tighten, check specs, jack back up, etc. took me like 20-30 min to set my front camber, and a full alignment on a normal car takes me 15 minutes maybe lol.

Old 03-26-2012, 07:09 AM

Hopefully, I will get the rear crap done tonight. Just need to get to Home Depot or whatever for a bolt that will fit correctly etc.

Scott, are you still using the stock bolts for the rear UCA with the washers? Just wondering how much room I have to work with before being forced to get longer bolts. I plan to swap out the Blox UCAs for the OEMs (if I can find them in my garage tonight)

Old 03-26-2012, 02:06 PM
HCF Member

I'm running a longer bolt. I can't remember how many washers the factory bolts can safely go through and have enough threads in the body, might have been 2.

Quick Reply: Cvcrcr's project/fix-up thread (version 1.1)