HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Hobo's 2000 LX daily driver

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 02:44 PM
HCF Member

I just tried an angled defouler which is supposedly better than straight, and still got a CEL the same day. I wouldnt waste your money on one.

edit: (after turning it in the opposite direction, its been working so far)

Last edited by MaximusFunk; 01-09-2012 at 11:04 AM.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:53 PM

Where did you get one? I can't find one locally.

Old 01-09-2012, 01:53 PM
HCF Member

i got it on an ebay auction for 15. it was a Megan racing one. There are currently none on ebay. After a brief search, I found this website selling them for 24 free shipping. RoBear Racing. Megan Racing Angled 02 Simulator: CEL Fix

I saw skimming over 8th gen forums that a company called Casper electronics got sued by the EPA for selling some things to trick your computer with false emissions readings, so a lot of companies are voluntarily taking their o2 simulators off the market out of fear.

Old 01-09-2012, 06:37 PM

I cleaned out my trunk today. Found out that I've basically been running all 4 subs infinite baffle for awhile. The two side boxes are destroyed. There is obviously a leak because the MDF is all bloated and ruined. :\

One of the surrounds has partially separated from the cone. Two others have holes in them from sharp random car parts. The spiders are still good and the contacts aren't corroded or anything. All 4 still play, and surrounds are repairable. But it might not be worth it for me to do so. I've been kinda meh on car audio lately. The rear suspension seems to be permanently low due to the weight of the system for the past 5 years. Might be time to just move past that phase.

I left the center box in the car because it's the most intact. It was plywood, not MDF. I still have that "custom fitted sub box" look at least. (Plus room for the full size spare.)

Old 01-27-2012, 02:14 PM

Well, I might have regained a little interest in the car. After seeing zerojett mentioning an Acura 1.6EL parts car, I now want to go find an EL trunk lid and do the swap. It just so happens that one of the colors they came in was titanium metallic... so if I get lucky, I might not even have to paint it if I find one. It would help me get rid of the spoiler and would look JDM as fawk.... er, well... CDM? Its the same as JDM style so...

Name:  HPIM0422.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  32.7 KB

Old 01-27-2012, 04:44 PM
HCF Member

that would look awesome. glad you have regained enthusiasm for your car after all the work you put into it. hope you can find one, I've never seen one in gold before around here.

Old 01-31-2012, 12:03 PM

There is a guy who just posted in the pics and videos (Black Magic) and he has this done I believe and he is in Canada! Maybe he can help you source one?

I like the EL trunk... even if it makes the car look like an Accord

Old 01-31-2012, 02:04 PM

I have a couple of possible sources if I decide to go through with it.

I just had to buy a new battery. Got 4 years out of the old one. Thought it was more than that. Luckily I got some credit since it was an 8 year battery. Since the car was unhooked for a bit, the CEL got cleared and I got to go for a spirited drive with full power instead of the limp dick CEL mode I've been driving on for 4000 miles. I miss having power.

Old 02-01-2012, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by WellFedHobo
Since the car was unhooked for a bit, the CEL got cleared and I got to go for a spirited drive with full power instead of the limp dick CEL mode I've been driving on for 4000 miles. I miss having power.
I am in the same type of boat as you right now. Constant CELs causing loss of power etc. I miss having the car running perfectly.

Old 02-10-2012, 04:57 PM

Apparently I have been driving this whole time with no reverse lights. It explains getting honked at a few times. Turns out there wasn't even a fuse in it!

Seems that someone at the shop just jacked the one from that socket and used it for one of the headlights...

Quick Reply: Hobo's 2000 LX daily driver